1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 18:49
    I've nearly finished Joe Hill's book of short stories ("20th Century Ghosts"😉. It's alright - I'm not really a fan of short stories - but I can't recommend his two novels highly enough. His prose reminds me of Stephen King's, but I think he may be a better writer.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    25 Nov '10 00:12
    I can tell you one about a true story and a fool, myself indeed, 'wandering' into an old 18th century abandoned mental asylum....does that count 😉
  3. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 10:02
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I can tell you one about a true story and a fool, myself indeed, 'wandering' into an old 18th century abandoned mental asylum....does that count 😉
    Tell!!! Which asylum?
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    Tell!!! Which asylum?
    🙂
    Herrison Hospital, the main late 18th century asylum and Herrison House ( a newer addition right next door, a 'shell shock & combat fatigue' resthome for masses of WWI victims ). It's now been developed, sadly for the likes of me, and been reassigned the village title of 'Charlton Down' in Dorset... one thing I will say is that THE most expensive apartments are in the old 'padded cells' building...we're talking in excess of 1M !
    EDIT: '93 a couple of us ran the gauntlet with security, tut tut, took some fotos and wandered the vast interlinked buildings..I later had permission from the trustees.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Nov '10 23:55
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I've nearly finished Joe Hill's book of short stories ("20th Century Ghosts"😉. It's alright - I'm not really a fan of short stories - but I can't recommend his two novels highly enough. His prose reminds me of Stephen King's, but I think he may be a better writer.
    I thought the Tommy Knockers was the strangest story I ever read.

Including the Bible. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree