Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 25 Nov '12 16:47
    A wonderful film well cast-ed and acted. I had a problem with the ending in that I thought the announcement of his death scene was extraneous. Thoughts?
  2. 25 Nov '12 17:46
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    A wonderful film well cast-ed and acted. I had a problem with the ending in that I thought the announcement of his death scene was extraneous. Thoughts?
    Coming on the heels of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" as it did, I'm surprised anyone has bothered to watch it. Did this film give anything more than a cursory mention of that part of Lincoln's life?
  3. 26 Nov '12 14:48
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Coming on the heels of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" as it did, I'm surprised anyone has bothered to watch it. Did this film give anything more than a cursory mention of that part of Lincoln's life?
    To state the obvious: of course not. Any real thoughts?
  4. 27 Nov '12 00:12
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    To state the obvious: of course not. Any real thoughts?
    Perhaps the humor was too subtle?