Mark Knopfler - Privateering (2012)

Mark Knopfler - Privateering (2012)

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Sep 12

If you like Americana meets British (or maybe British Isles) Folk, blended and apportioned with sublime musicality, topped with wistful lyrics, and superb guitar (mostly acoustic), well then this one is a gem. There's also loads of it, about 2 hours or more, with 2CDs and a bonus EP and all. Superior to the Richard Thompson release that has come out at more or less the same time, although the genres do not quite match, to be fair.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
05 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If you like Americana meets British (or maybe British Isles) Folk, blended and apportioned with sublime musicality, topped with wistful lyrics, and superb guitar (mostly acoustic), well then this one is a gem. There's also loads of it, about 2 hours or more, with 2CDs and a bonus EP and all. Superior to the Richard Thompson release that has come out at more or less the same time, although the genres do not quite match, to be fair.
Sounds like he moved to the Isle of Man, and became all Ellan Vannin-like.

Not quite the Knopfler I like, but not bad.

-m.

This one is for sonhouse...... you'll like this mate!

Knopfler and Chet Atkins, no least!!

&feature=fvwp&NR=1

🙂

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
05 Sep 12

I'm not sure I could.

So I read your post and do a search on Jethro Tull and blimey, wouldn't you know there's a sequel to Thick As A Brick, Whatever Happened To Gerald Bostock? - and it's on tour ...

Give me strength. Steady my hand. Fate's had a word with me. Where's me flute ...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Sep 12

Originally posted by mikelom
Sounds like he moved to the Isle of Man, and became all Ellan Vannin-like.

Not quite the Knopfler I like, but not bad.

-m.

This one is for sonhouse...... you'll like this mate!

Knopfler and Chet Atkins, no least!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wTVLIZaxMk&feature=fvwp&NR=1

🙂
Imagine, a great version! I haven't followed Knopfler much but will look deeper now.
My tastes in acoustic run more to Davy Graham, Bert Jansch, Martin Carthy, Martin Simpson and the like, John Renbourn.