1. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 19:33
    We (drunks) are having an argument , where is the backdrop to the song , at the moment wve got east europe , france and wales (drunken arse), any ideas from anyone.
  2. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 20:33
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    We (drunks) are having an argument , where is the backdrop to the song , at the moment wve got east europe , france and wales (drunken arse), any ideas from anyone.
    I think the backdrop is Russia, but more important is that if you stick your pinky finger in your nose and wiggle it back and forth while humming the melody, it creates a most delightful tremolo effect.

GRANNY,
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 21:22
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    Check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Those_Were_the_Days_%28song%29

Among other interesting factoids:

"On Christmas 1975, the President of Equatorial Guinea, Francisco Macías Nguema, had 150 alleged coup plotters executed in the national stadium while a band played Those Were the Days."

On a personal note: When the company I worked for folded and went basically into liquidation for 5 billion, the honchos, who did just fine in the deal, mimed this song at a shut-down event. Disgraceful.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 01:01
    Originally posted by JS357
    Check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Those_Were_the_Days_%28song%29

Among other interesting factoids:

"On Christmas 1975, the President of Equatorial Guinea, Francisco Macías Nguema, had 150 alleged coup plotters executed in the national stadium while a band played Those Were the Days."

On a personal note: When the company I worked for folded and ...[text shortened]... the honchos, who did just fine in the deal, mimed this song at a shut-down event. Disgraceful.
    Shameful indeed. Like when my company, (that I worked for anyway), Lucent, went belly up mostly, the CEO a guy named McDonald, made out like a champ, going out with about 20 million in his pocket while people like our friend Charlotte, who made the mistake of buying Lucent stock at 80 bucks a share, well you know how that went, eh.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree