1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 22:265 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You can?

The flying - or levitating rather - is awesome, but I can see how it can get abused.

Well I'm not going to play with those glitches. I set out to play Oblivion with glitches and it was really easy. My signature spell was called "Shape of the Hunter" - Summon Clannfear + Invisibility and a small heal. That spell could defeat any thin hant seems to be the skill I most easily abuse. Magic items are plentiful and customizable.
    It's been a number of years since I played this game and I forget some of the glitches you can exploit (though I'm sure I got most of them - my cheekiest was exploiting the level up bonuses by say putting a weight on the "go forward" and "jump" keys on my keyboard and going off to watch a film (whilst my char runs/jumps at a wall for a couple of hours) so that when I return I can get the full speed and agility(?) bonuses when levelling up some primary ability using a different attribute...and other related 'cheats'...don't over train beyond 10 levels of each minor ability per level up though). I actually can't remember my own signaure spell but I have some vague recollection that it included summoning all armours and crazy stat boosts (though I might be wrong)

Be sure to finish the game in the spirit it was intended before killing off it's longevity through experimenting :]
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 04:27
    Just discovered that I can't be un-adopted from a Great House. Oops. Guess I'm with Hlaalu...
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 06:17
    Just discovered that I can't be un-adopted from a Great House. Oops. Guess I'm with Hlaalu...
    You can join House Telvanni if you want to leave House Hlaalu?
  4. Standard memberCarcaroth
    Sleep Bugler
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 04:28
    I've not stopped playing this game since it's release back in 2001/2002. Xbox version unfortunately, as there's an insane legion of fans, mod authors and lore enthusiasts out there who have updated so many aspects of the PC game. The skills and attributes can be manipulated so much it's almost pointless choosing a class once you've learned the stat tricks.

There's a common feeling that Morrowind would be one of the best RPGs ever made if it utilised Oblivion's engine. That said, even the text-based interaction with NPCs in Morrowind was better than talking to the same guy a thousand times in evey town of Cyrodiil. I do love this series though. So deep in lore, I spent most of that game collecting and reading books.

TIP: If you are about to be arrested by a guard, go to your inventory and drop either drop everything in a crate, or on the floor. This way any stolen items, or random confiscations won't lose you any hard-murdered-for swords or clothes or things. You pay your fine, and pick up your stuff. Or you can just kill the guard if you're hard enough...

Another thing! VERY USEFUL - Go north from Ald'Ruhn along the road to Gnisis - this is off the top of my head so beware - follow the path to a fork where there's a woman stood waiting. Very close to an outpost on the way to Gnisis. Talk to her, but be CARFEUL. There's a pond behind her that she needs something from, I won't say what, but the prize for this task is almost unsurpassed in the whole game as a unique item.

The mere mentioning of this game has me rambling. I'm going to play it immediately upon waking.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 10:26
    Originally posted by gambit3
    You can join House Telvanni if you want to leave House Hlaalu?
    Are you sure?

Anyway, I want to be Redoran.
  6. Standard memberCarcaroth
    Sleep Bugler
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 19:33
    www.uesp.net - All your Elder Scrolls needs.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 02:26
    Originally posted by Carcaroth
    www.uesp.net - All your Elder Scrolls needs.
    I've already added to the Daedroth, Clannfear and Unicorn entries.
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 07:09
    Originally posted by Carcaroth
    I've not stopped playing this game since it's release back in 2001/2002. Xbox version unfortunately, as there's an insane legion of fans, mod authors and lore enthusiasts out there who have updated so many aspects of the PC game. The skills and attributes can be manipulated so much it's almost pointless choosing a class once you've learned the stat tricks. ...[text shortened]... ioning of this game has me rambling. I'm going to play it immediately upon waking.
    The useful thing is a ring. It is a trap so be ready for a ambush by two non player characters. P. S. It is a puddle of water and not a pond.
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 07:25
    Are you sure?

Anyway, I want to be Redoran.
    I think you can join any one of the great houses? You need to follow the correct procedure(s)? You can even rejoin a house you have been kicked out of? I played the game one time some years ago. All I did was the main quest to finish the game because my old computer did not run the game well. That was one of the reasons I was so irritated by the game.
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 18:041 edit
    I think you can join any one of the great houses? You need to follow the correct procedure(s)? You can even rejoin a house you have been kicked out of? I played the game one time some years ago. All I did was the main quest to finish the game because my old computer did not run the game well. That was one of the reasons I was so irritated by the game.
    Once you sign on the dotted line for one House, no other House will accept you. I joined Hlaalu because I was used to Oblivion where you could join ALL the guilds simultaneously.

The Morrowind system is better though.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 18:05
    The useful thing is a ring. It is a trap so be ready for a ambush by two non player characters. P. S. It is a puddle of water and not a pond.
    I already took care of that. The reward is indeed impressive, but not my character's style.
  12. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 21:24
    There is a crab on a island in the south that is a trader. The crab is worth finding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree