1. Germany
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 12:17
    For me this is the best album of 2009 so far. Highly recommended for fans of Death in June, Current 93 etc.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 12:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    For me this is the best album of 2009 so far. Highly recommended for fans of Death in June, Current 93 etc.
    Yes indeed, it's a gem.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 21:441 edit
    I d/led this a while back but only got around to listening today. While not exactly my thing, it was quite an enjoyable listen and a nice change from the usual crap I listen to. I'm typically turned off by 'dramatics' (for the lack of a better word) but I was certainly drawn by the baritone voice and the lush guitars. Very reminiscent of some Nick Cave recordings. Nice recommendation, and thanks!
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Nov '09 08:402 edits
    'For what binds us to our grief binds the sculptor to his clay.'

It's difficult to pull off lyrics like that without coming across like another pompous, bombastic Death-In-June / Sol-Invictus wannabe -- which is what I lazily dismissed Rome as being on the strength of their name, song titles and cover art; on listening today I'm surprised find that Rome is strategically aligned to Crime & The City Solution, one of my favourite bands ever, although there is that strumalong DIJ influence coming through in places (I mean, 'Swords To Rust, Hearts To Dust' ... but it's only one track on the album (properly entitled Flowers From Exile), whereas it's DIJ's only track).

I can only hope that they're not queer Nazis too.

Like these tosspots: http://www.hirszerzo.hu/galeria.40
    😛
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Nov '09 12:25
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    'For what binds us to our grief binds the sculptor to his clay.'

It's difficult to pull off lyrics like that without coming across like another pompous, bombastic Death-In-June / Sol-Invictus wannabe -- which is what I lazily dismissed Rome as being on the strength of their name, song titles and cover art; on listening today I'm surprised find that ...[text shortened]... re not queer Nazis too.

Like these tosspots: http://www.hirszerzo.hu/galeria.40
    😛
    Never heard of Crime and the City Solution, going to check them out soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree