1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 May '09 16:36
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Hey, man, I even told you as soon as I returned from Lisbon and you said it's a smash hit among the locals.

Try to recall, c'mon: pork cubes cooked in an oily sauce, with lots of stuff inside, including black olives.

Cozido?

Damn, I'm getting old, my memory. I even remember that the starter was fresh cheese, cut in pieces which then you could place ...[text shortened]... nd spice with salt and pepper only.

Sagres was the beer? Damn... I must go back to Lisbon.
    Ha! But Cozido 'a Portuguesa has tons of stuff, I just wouldn't call it with olives. Is it this:
    http://www.catavino.net/blog/the-best-portuguese-peasant-stew-cozida-a-portuguesa/
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 May '09 16:38
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Hey, man, I even told you as soon as I returned from Lisbon and you said it's a smash hit among the locals.

Try to recall, c'mon: pork cubes cooked in an oily sauce, with lots of stuff inside, including black olives.

Cozido?

Damn, I'm getting old, my memory. I even remember that the starter was fresh cheese, cut in pieces which then you could place ...[text shortened]... nd spice with salt and pepper only.

Sagres was the beer? Damn... I must go back to Lisbon.
    Man, next time you go there, rent a car and I'll plan you a gastronomical tour. 🙂
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 May '09 17:30
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What could generations of local culinary traditions possibly have to offer to a London restaurant critic?
    Un complexe d'infériorité?
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 May '09 17:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Un complexe d'infériorité?
    Isn't that what he has to offer?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    19 May '09 18:05
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Dutch food is tasteless, but the cheese is very good, at least a lot better than that mold the French dare to call fromage in their cuisine.

Finnish food is even more tasteless and I can only get the lowest quality Dutch cheese here.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    19 May '09 18:54
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Man, next time you go there, rent a car and I'll plan you a gastronomical tour. 🙂
    What? You mean you don't have a car of your own?

Pffff... I have no poor friends, sorry.

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree