1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 08:11
    I'm looking for a good one. If there is a decent priced package that provides other instruments i would considering investing, or if there was a standalone (free or buy if it's reasonably priced) i would also consider it. I want to start a project and i need drums for it, bass aswell if it's possible.

I've looked through the google pages but most reviews i see are from manufacturers.....Gregflast directed me to the zoom, so i reckon the forums has an answer out there.

Thanks in advance....Huck
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 08:15
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/soundforgefamily.asp
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 17:12
    Originally posted by Seitse
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/soundforgefamily.asp
    Unfortunately the link sends me to neither drum machine software or any other kind of music creation tool of the kind i'm looking for.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:051 edit
    Soundforge is not what you're looking for?

Oh well, sorry, I thought you were searching
    for loop and easy drag & drop software. I was
    not aware that you were musically educated or
    experienced and required something complex.

Sorry.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    12 Mar '10 18:27
    I use FL studio.
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 02:061 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Soundforge is not what you're looking for?

Oh well, sorry, I thought you were searching
    for loop and easy drag & drop software. I was
    not aware that you were musically educated or
    experienced and required something complex.

Sorry.
    I've been told i was a bit uppity in my response, i apologise as that was not what i set out to do.

I'm looking for moe of a synth/creator than mixing software....i have cubase already.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 11:06
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I use FL studio.
    Fruity Loops is the dog's bollocks.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    13 Mar '10 12:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Fruity Loops is the dog's bollocks.
    It's not so bad, though it's obviously not suited for professionals. But I don't think the TS is looking for that.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 04:51
    It's not so bad, though it's obviously not suited for professionals. But I don't think the TS is looking for that.
    The "dog's bollocks" means excellent. In fact I think 'professionals' do use FL and suffer no harm or much limitation in doing so. In combination with plug-ins, it's really quite unrestricted.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 09:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "dog's bollocks" means excellent. In fact I think 'professionals' do use FL and suffer no harm or much limitation in doing so. In combination with plug-ins, it's really quite unrestricted.
    Oh darn, when will Brits learn not to use slang when conversing with foreigners?!

Anyway, I don't know to what degree professionals use FL but it's fun to mess around with. It sure has a lot of options.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 16:38
    Oh darn, when will Brits learn not to use slang when conversing with foreigners?!
    Well actually I meant that FL is literally the dog's bollocks. But fair point. Fair point.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 18:151 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well actually I meant that FL is literally the dog's bollocks. But fair point. Fair point.
    what's a bollock?🙂

Did you look at Cakewalk, Sonar 8.5 is out, there are a lot of drum software with that. I have V 8.3, just before the latest and I see a BUNCH of synth and drum stuff. I have a Kurzweil PCX-1 performance controller and love the 'True Piano' included, its a great synth piano patch. I also have Kontakt 3 which has some grand piano stuff, but True Piano sounds better IMO. Up at level 8 or better, the stuff that comes with it is incredible. I just made a good start on my second CD using piano, guitar, mandolin, and dulcimer, lately more in solo mode than mixing mode with my latest compositions. You can hear some of my earlier stuff on myspace if you want, unless I already gave the URL to you, not sure.

BTW, I just got a sweet deal on a mixer, I have a Mackie already but it does not have direct outs and I have been looking for that. So I am at my local pawn shop looking for a hydraulic jack for a repair on my van, and I spy this nice mixer, an Alesis Studio 24, 8 XLR connectors, 8 nice mic preamps, regular switching and direct outs. It was listed at 150 bucks but I talked him down to 100 smackers! I needed direct outs because my I/O is an RME hammerfall multiface, a great I/O but it does not have pre-amps. I also have an M Audio firewire 410 which has 2 preamps and is great on the road, with a laptop, very portable way to record if you are just by yourself. So with the Alesis, I can have all 8 tracks independent into Sonar and 8 outs also if I want to mix external (which I have never had the need to do since Sonar will mixdown to 2 tracks and export to some folder at the same time, so I do all the setups in Sonar and just mix to a folder, works great) The Alesis was originally 800 bucks so I think I got a great deal. It works perfectly! I tried miking with the Alesis and then with the Mackie and found almost no difference in the perceived sonic value.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 06:36
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_audio_software#Drum_machines

Drum machines

* csDrummer, Record a drum session in a virtual studio
    * Hydrogen
    * Jackbeat
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 07:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    what's a bollock?🙂

Did you look at Cakewalk, Sonar 8.5 is out, there are a lot of drum software with that. ..
    I live in a world where software can be rented overnight and tried out so I suppose I have tried more things than I can remember the names of!

To make my own lo-fi amateur pop music I basically have need for little more than Guitar Tracks Pro 2 as my basic 32 track interface, Cubase when I want to handle midi, Fruity Loops Studio 8 as a drum machine or to compose certain kinds of parts, and SoundForge 10 for handling everything once its in its 2 channel form.
  15. silicon valley
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 18:10
    noted in a recent software article that a the author who is also a drummer uses Audacity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audacity

Audacity is a free software, cross-platform digital audio editor and recording application. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and BSD.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree