1. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 03:33
    I really love this service. I have absolutely no professional or other formal connection to it, but if the moderators delete the thread as an ad I understand and have no objection. I am not trying to flout the rules. At the moment I'm listening to my station "White Christmas", which consists solely of classic, traditional Christmas music. Gotta love the Andrew Sisters on Christmas Island, and where else do you get to hear this sort of thing?

Imagine having your own radio station. Imagine having dozens of your own radio stations, each devoted to a particular genre. Imagine having this for FREE. Imagine having this COMMERCIAL FREE except for visual ads (but no pop-ups). Imagine being able to customize your radio stations with a thumbs-up / thumbs-down on each song. The more you use your radio station(s) the better it gets. Imagine being able to "seed" your radio station with specific artists and songs so as to customize it. Imagine that artists played are compensated for their music. Imagine a well-designed, easy to use Website requiring no special software, with excellent customer service. Imagine being able to get music from virtually ANY genre regardless of current commercial marketability. Imagine no longer being a hostage to "popular tastes"!! Imagine audio quality which is as close to broadcast quality as any offered by the Internet today.

You don't need to even register to give it a try, initially; and to register and continue as a regular user, you need only an email address (U.S. IPs only due to licensing restrictions), and to be 13 or older.

pandora.com
  2. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 03:36
    Johnny Mercer & the Pied Pipers singing Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town. Love it!
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 03:44
    Originally posted by Mark Adkins
    I really love this service. I have absolutely no professional or other formal connection to it, but if the moderators delete the thread as an ad I understand and have no objection. I am not trying to flout the rules. At the moment I'm listening to my station "White Christmas", which consists solely of classic, traditional Christmas music. Gotta love ...[text shortened]... s (U.S. IPs only due to licensing restrictions), and to be 13 or older.

pandora.com
    My Christmas station is Little Drummer Boy. 🙂
  4. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 05:24
    Originally posted by Mark Adkins
    I really love this service. I have absolutely no professional or other formal connection to it, but if the moderators delete the thread as an ad I understand and have no objection. I am not trying to flout the rules. At the moment I'm listening to my station "White Christmas", which consists solely of classic, traditional Christmas music. Gotta love ...[text shortened]... s (U.S. IPs only due to licensing restrictions), and to be 13 or older.

pandora.com
    Pandora is great.

For those overseas, who can't access Pandora, www.last.fm is a good alternative.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 12:18
    www.last.fm is no use if your preference is for classical music.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '08 01:59
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    www.last.fm is no use if your preference is for classical music.
    Try this - there is a section for classical as well as all the usual genres.

http://www.musicovery.com/

I think it's brilliant meself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree