Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    23 Apr '08 13:59 / 1 edit
    Pondering Pushkin



    Aleksander Sergeevich Pushkin (Russian author, 1799-1837) provided an incredibly

    rare insight with these brutally honest and candid words spoken casually to a friend,


    "How do I know what I think until I see what I write."




    🙂 Hmm...
  2. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    23 Apr '08 14:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Pondering Pushkin



    Aleksander Sergeevich Pushkin (Russian author, 1799-1837) provided an incredibly

    rare insight with these brutally honest and candid words spoken casually to a friend,


    "How do I know what I think until I see what I write."




    🙂 Hmm...
    Just as well he was literate then 😉
  3. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    23 Apr '08 14:27
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Just as well he was literate then 😉
    Shav, my read is that the insight may apply universally. Something to do with everyman's awareness

    and tutored instinct... to thrust deep into the cerebral inkwell because of the finality of print.
  4. Standard member Iron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    23 Apr '08 17:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    to thrust deep into the cerebral inkwell because of the banality of print.
    i can just picture you thrusting deep into the cerebral inkwell. brings to mind George Burns' remark that having sex at his age was trying to shoot pool with a length of rope.

    at any rate, your amusing pomposity will bring an element of comic relief to Culture Forum, should you elect to continue posting here.
  5. Standard member Grampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    23 Apr '08 20:43
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    i can just picture you thrusting deep into the cerebral inkwell. brings to mind George Burns' remark that having sex at his age was trying to shoot pool with a length of rope.

    at any rate, your amusing pomposity will bring an element of comic relief to Culture Forum, should you elect to continue posting here.
    Thread was moved here from the general forum.