1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 13:591 edit
    Pondering Pushkin

Aleksander Sergeevich Pushkin (Russian author, 1799-1837) provided an incredibly

rare insight with these brutally honest and candid words spoken casually to a friend,

"How do I know what I think until I see what I write."

🙂 Hmm...
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 14:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Pondering Pushkin

Aleksander Sergeevich Pushkin (Russian author, 1799-1837) provided an incredibly

rare insight with these brutally honest and candid words spoken casually to a friend,

"How do I know what I think until I see what I write."

🙂 Hmm...
    Just as well he was literate then 😉
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 14:27
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Just as well he was literate then 😉
    Shav, my read is that the insight may apply universally. Something to do with everyman's awareness

and tutored instinct... to thrust deep into the cerebral inkwell because of the finality of print.
  4. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 17:331 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    to thrust deep into the cerebral inkwell because of the banality of print.
    i can just picture you thrusting deep into the cerebral inkwell. brings to mind George Burns' remark that having sex at his age was trying to shoot pool with a length of rope.

at any rate, your amusing pomposity will bring an element of comic relief to Culture Forum, should you elect to continue posting here.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '08 20:43
    Originally posted by Iron Monkey
    i can just picture you thrusting deep into the cerebral inkwell. brings to mind George Burns' remark that having sex at his age was trying to shoot pool with a length of rope.

at any rate, your amusing pomposity will bring an element of comic relief to Culture Forum, should you elect to continue posting here.
    Thread was moved here from the general forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree