1. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 16:56
    Sorry to read of this highly original artists' passing. Especially due to MS complications. Listen sometime to Trout Mask Replica if you haven't already.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 17:04
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Sorry to read of this highly original artists' passing. Especially due to MS complications. Listen sometime to Trout Mask Replica if you haven't already.
    I have. I can't say I got much out of it.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 14:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I have. I can't say I got much out of it.
    It's a grower. Safe as Milk is good too.
  4. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 03:56
    I'd have to say that Trout Mask Replica and Lick My Decals Off Baby influenced my musical development. Just never sure if that was good or bad. The passion and the counterpoint were the draw, also the strangeness. You could probably say the same thing about serial music like 12 tone row. And it does take time to start to get attached to the grove. You either feel it or reject it, there was never much in between when it came to the Magic Band.
  5. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    06 Jan '11 04:01
    There used to be a small venue in suburban Philly called the Main Point, Captain and the Magic Band played there once. A friend of mine yelled up to the Captain, "How old, Captain, how old are you?" he responded, "Thirty three and a third and long playing".
    My favorite quote of his: "It's all matter but it doesn't matter."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree