Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 04 Jan '11 22:27
    I feel quite sad at the news of his death 🙁
  2. 04 Jan '11 23:54
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    I feel quite sad at the news of his death 🙁
    RIP Gerry.

    Its a dam shame. I always loved his music and always thought he was highly under rated and never got the credit he deserved.
  3. 05 Jan '11 00:41
    Terrific songwriter and musician, both solo and with Steeler's Wheel.
  4. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    05 Jan '11 01:05
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    I feel quite sad at the news of his death 🙁
    The music world has lost a fine talent. Baker Street was one of my all time favorites!:'(
  5. 05 Jan '11 04:28
    Originally posted by bill718
    The music world has lost a fine talent. Baker Street was one of my all time favorites!:'(
    Scottish legend and folk hero R.I.P
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    05 Jan '11 05:23
    Funny how certain sounds evoke memories of our youth..I was a mere nipper but Baker Street will always bring back strong memories...I think Bjorn Borg, Silver jubilee, star trek for some reason lol..and many many more and probably in different years to the songs publication but they all occupy certain strong memories past..
  7. 05 Jan '11 20:58
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Funny how certain sounds evoke memories of our youth..I was a mere nipper but Baker Street will always bring back strong memories...I think Bjorn Borg, Silver jubilee, star trek for some reason lol..and many many more and probably in different years to the songs publication but they all occupy certain strong memories past..
    Holidays at my grandparents, doing a jigsaw puzzle (I can still picture my favourite one back then, I think I still have it) with my sister and my dad's youngest sister... and Baker Street playing.

    Richard
  8. 05 Jan '11 22:18
    Heard in on the news as I arrived at work, poor start to the day.

    'Get it right next time' is one of my favs
  9. 06 Jan '11 00:49
    I actually liked Stealer's Wheel much better than his solo work.