20 Jun '11 21:20
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Master of the universe,
    King of the world,
    Need I say his name?
    Need I say his name?

He will be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zylxfXyTefs
    The world goes on with one less legend today.

From Yahoo News:

Clarence Clemons, the longtime saxophone player for Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, has died. He was 69.

Clemons — also known as the "Big Man" — died Saturday from complications of a stroke he suffered a week earlier at his home in Singer Island, Fla. He had been in serious but stable condition and underwent two surgeries.

"Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage," Springsteen said in a statement posted on his website. "His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly 40 years."
  3. Utrecht
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 13:04
    Grace and strenght in one. His performance with BS and the E Street at Pink Pop always in my top draw memories.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 00:53
    A fair sax man, and beloved good fellow.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 05:31
    Originally posted by badmoon
    A fair sax man, and beloved good fellow.
    You know he had to wear those medical gloves?

So he could practice safe sax!🙂
  6. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 15:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You know he had to wear those medical gloves?

So he could practice safe sax!🙂
    In downtown Vegas each night there is a soprano sax player that plays along with his recordings , calls his act "safe sax."
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    25 Jun '11 15:54
    In downtown Vegas each night there is a soprano sax player that plays along with his recordings , calls his act "safe sax."
    Clemons seemed like a nice fellow, but lets not get carried away with his reed playing. Would you rank him in the top 10,000 of all time?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jun '11 16:321 edit
    Clemons seemed like a nice fellow, but lets not get carried away with his reed playing. Would you rank him in the top 10,000 of all time?
    If I named every single sax player I know, famous and not-so-famous, I'd barely crack 100, and I play sax myself.

So yeah, I'd put him in the top 100 sax players of all time. (10,000 is taking your point a bit far.)

Edit: Beyond his sax playing, he was a truly good man, and there are not nearly as many of those in the world as there used to be, sorry to say. I daresay he will be remembered more for his personality than for his sax playing, and that is a good thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree