1. Joined
    29 May '10
    Moves
    23 Jul '10 23:34
    I used to book bands. Folks might be surprised at how little you would really have to fork over to get a decent celeb for a private party.

Especially if you are talking about a 2nd tier guy or an older dude, who hasn't done much in awhile.

Say, someone like Susan Vega. I know that she plays a local coffee house around here...I can't imagine she gets more than $2000 - $5000 for a show.

If you grab a gang of a few guys, called up William Morris or one of the other big agencies...you might be surprised who you could book for a private party...

Most the musicians I know are more studio players, people who have toured with folks like Roger Daltry, that kind of thing...those folks you can sometimes get for even $1000... I used to book a band of guys like that...and their take for the night was under $500.

So, anyway, if you want to give a friend a killer birthday....(don't contact me about bands...I don't do that anymore....just saying...it's a cool idea to have some fun).
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Jul '10 00:10
    The day I have friends I can afford to spend $1000 on is the day I give half my income to charity cos I've clearly got waaaay more than I need.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '10 09:061 edit
    Originally posted by r99pawn77
    I used to book bands. Folks might be surprised at how little you would really have to fork over to get a decent celeb for a private party.

Especially if you are talking about a 2nd tier guy or an older dude, who hasn't done much in awhile.

Say, someone like Susan Vega. I know that she plays a local coffee house around here...I can't imagine she get about bands...I don't do that anymore....just saying...it's a cool idea to have some fun).
    I'd like to book dire straits for my birthday please? If they are not available you mention roger daltry...? but I would need townsend and a session rhythm section too, to complete the whole 'WHO' thing.

If neither of these options are a runner, then anyone hot with a half decent voice who doesn't mind getting thier kit off would be good.

cheers dude

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree