1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Jul '11 16:53
    ... by Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi. I'm wearing the metaphorical grooves out this one. Can Danger Mouse do no wrong?
  2. Standard memberDrKF
    incipit parodia
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 15:18
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    ... by Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi. I'm wearing the metaphorical grooves out this one. Can Danger Mouse do no wrong?
    I actually think Dangermouse tends towards a homogenous sound that was at risk of becoming a little tedious (yes, DM, we get it: you quite like the Beatles), but this one was a revalation.

Try to get some Enrico Morricone - Rome is, in large part, an extended tribute to his work...
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 19:02
    Thought you meant Rome, as in Rome. What a more imaginative and talented Death In June might have aspired to.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 21:05
    Great album.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 21:11
    Originally posted by DrKF
    Try to get some Enrico Morricone - Rome is, in large part, an extended tribute to his work...
    I'm sure he didn't know about it and never heard Morricone. đŸ˜”
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 16:25
    I actually think Dangermouse tends towards a homogenous sound that was at risk of becoming a little tedious (yes, DM, we get it: you quite like the Beatles), but this one was a revalation.

Oh i've got some bits and bobs of Morricone. I like what I've heard of his stuff, but I think the spaghetti western thing gets a big lift from DM's input. You really think he was getting tedious? You not like Broken Bells?!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 11:323 edits

DM, meet EM.

He has a myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/dnots

And his own site, shows several (all?) of his albums. It looks like Rome also has Nora Jones as backup singer?

http://romealbum.com/
  8. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 17:59
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Thought you meant Rome, as in Rome. What a more imaginative and talented Death In June might have aspired to.
    Great band, can't stop playing Flowers From Exile. The latest album was a bit disappointing though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree