1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 17:34
    I recently visited the Dali museum in Florida. It's fantastic. Dali might have sold out as far as doing all he could to generate money but I love the guy.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 17:59
    Originally posted by buckky
    I recently visited the Dali museum in Florida. It's fantastic. Dali might have sold out as far as doing all he could to generate money but I love the guy.
    Is the portrait of Lincoln still there?
  3. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 03:09
    Originally posted by buckky
    I went there a few years ago. I was on a business trip and had the evening to myself, so I decided to take a drive over and check it out. It's not often I get to Florida. The Dali Museum was amazing. I'm really glad I went.

It makes me a little nervous though, seeing all those incredible works of art stored so close to the water, especially with all the hurricanes and flooding lately in that part of the country.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 07:36
    Sell out or not, there was no one like Dali. He and Renoir are my favorite artists and the rest aren't even close.

I have some wonderful signed Dali prints. 🙂
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 13:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 16:411 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The ability to see through his extreme popularity.
  7. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 20:05
    I'm not an expert of arts and, actually, all I know about Dali (or have heard about him) is that he's paintings usually have objects in motion or simply mid-air but what I really like is Halsman's Dali Atomicus. That's truly an amazing photo.

Here's the link if someone hasn't seen it - http://pics.livejournal.com/alphamomentum/pic/0001xyfy
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 10:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 13:33
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    If you don't like 'The Metamorphosis of Narcissus' you may as well not bother.

It's been a while since I delved into Dali. I enjoyed his writing very much.

*Yes.
  10. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 15:13
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    If you don't like 'The Metamorphosis of Narcissus' you may as well not bother.

It's been a while since I delved into Dali. I enjoyed his writing very much.

*Yes.
    http://tinyurl.com/6pdkv3

Can't say it's my cup of tea.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 21:22
    The Persistence of Memory is the painting I always think of. I find his technical skill in painting melty-clocks fascinating.

http://www.authenticsociety.com/about/ThePersistenceOfMemory_Dali
  12. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 00:41
    I just returned from NYC. Unfortunately the one thing I had to cut from my itinerary was the MoMA where "The Persistence of Memory" was on display as well as other works by Dali. 🙁

np

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree