Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    05 Jan '13 04:15
    Any thoughts on any of these series which I have been watching over the last couple of months?

    ELEMENTARY

    HOMELAND

    REVOLUTION
  2. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    05 Jan '13 19:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Any thoughts on any of these series which I have been watching over the last couple of months?

    ELEMENTARY

    HOMELAND

    REVOLUTION
    Loved the first series of Homeland. The second series 'jumped the shark' a little for me. Still great tv though.
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    06 Jan '13 07:46
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Loved the first series of Homeland. The second series 'jumped the shark' a little for me. Still great tv though.
    There's going to be a third series. I watched series two first and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am now two episodes into series one and it's excellent.
  4. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Jan '13 00:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Any thoughts on any of these series which I have been watching over the last couple of months?

    ELEMENTARY

    HOMELAND

    REVOLUTION
    Sorry.

    Too busy watching Arrow off the CW website and the DVDs of Season 1 and 2 of Fringe I got for Christmas.
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    07 Jan '13 03:34
    Yes, ARROW is another series I have been watching.

    Also GO ON with Matthew Perry.
  6. 07 Jan '13 17:09
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Loved the first series of Homeland. The second series 'jumped the shark' a little for me. Still great tv though.
    I enjoyed the swerve at the end of season two (Note the use of "season", gents. It is an American show) but had a hard time suspending my disbelief when Carrie and Brody simply drove out of Langley after the attack. Still, I will be interested to see where the third season goes with less focus on the Brody/Carrie dynamic.
  7. 08 Jan '13 16:43
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Sorry.

    Too busy watching Arrow off the CW website and the DVDs of Season 1 and 2 of Fringe I got for Christmas.
    I like Arrow. It's clever.

    But I'm sorry to say I don't like Fringe.
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    16 Jan '13 15:17 / 1 edit
    My wife and I watch Elementary. Quirky show. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. Also Anthony Quinn's son Aiden Quinn. Kind of like a darker version of Monk. You see incremental changes towards normalcy in Millers character. Lucy Liu plays a failed surgeon now as a companion to druggies which Millers character used to be due to lost wife.
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    17 Jan '13 00:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My wife and I watch Elementary. Quirky show. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. Also Anthony Quinn's son Aiden Quinn. Kind of like a darker version of Monk. You see incremental changes towards normalcy in Millers character. Lucy Liu plays a failed surgeon now as a companion to druggies which Millers character used to be due to lost wife.
    Have you seen any of SHERLOCK, the BBC's version of contemporary setting of the same character? There are 6 feature length episodes.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    17 Jan '13 12:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have you seen any of SHERLOCK, the BBC's version of contemporary setting of the same character? There are 6 feature length episodes.
    Not yet. We have one BBC channel so will try to check it out. My problem is I only get about 1 hour to watch tv due to my long day, either working or commuting, which amounts to 12 hours or so. I have to get to sleep by 8 pm to get up at 3:30 next morning so don't have much time for TV. More into devoting what little time I have to making and recording music. BTW, I noted your wish to hear the old stuff on that new recorder I got. When I get a chance, I want to transfer all that stuff to my Sonar machine which is a lot more powerful than the BR1600 in efx, so I can play with efx and maybe improve the sound, then slough them off to a CD so I can mp3 them and send some of them to you. I have several recording projects in the works but may not get to them for a couple of months. Don.
  11. 19 Jan '13 17:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Not yet. We have one BBC channel so will try to check it out. My problem is I only get about 1 hour to watch tv due to my long day, either working or commuting, which amounts to 12 hours or so. I have to get to sleep by 8 pm to get up at 3:30 next morning so don't have much time for TV. More into devoting what little time I have to making and recording mus ...[text shortened]... ve several recording projects in the works but may not get to them for a couple of months. Don.
    PBS aired it as part of their Masterpiece Mystery series.