Some U.S. TV series.

Some U.S. TV series.

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Jan 13

Any thoughts on any of these series which I have been watching over the last couple of months?

ELEMENTARY

HOMELAND

REVOLUTION

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
Any thoughts on any of these series which I have been watching over the last couple of months?

ELEMENTARY

HOMELAND

REVOLUTION
Loved the first series of Homeland. The second series 'jumped the shark' a little for me. Still great tv though.

F

Moves
06 Jan 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Loved the first series of Homeland. The second series 'jumped the shark' a little for me. Still great tv though.
There's going to be a third series. I watched series two first and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am now two episodes into series one and it's excellent.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF

ELEMENTARY

HOMELAND

REVOLUTION
Sorry.

Too busy watching Arrow off the CW website and the DVDs of Season 1 and 2 of Fringe I got for Christmas.

F

Moves
07 Jan 13

Yes, ARROW is another series I have been watching.

Also GO ON with Matthew Perry.

Z

Moves
07 Jan 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I enjoyed the swerve at the end of season two (Note the use of "season", gents. It is an American show) but had a hard time suspending my disbelief when Carrie and Brody simply drove out of Langley after the attack. Still, I will be interested to see where the third season goes with less focus on the Brody/Carrie dynamic.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
08 Jan 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Sorry.

Too busy watching Arrow off the CW website and the DVDs of Season 1 and 2 of Fringe I got for Christmas.
I like Arrow. It's clever.

But I'm sorry to say I don't like Fringe.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Jan 13
1 edit

My wife and I watch Elementary. Quirky show. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. Also Anthony Quinn's son Aiden Quinn. Kind of like a darker version of Monk. You see incremental changes towards normalcy in Millers character. Lucy Liu plays a failed surgeon now as a companion to druggies which Millers character used to be due to lost wife.

F

Moves
17 Jan 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
My wife and I watch Elementary. Quirky show. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu. Also Anthony Quinn's son Aiden Quinn. Kind of like a darker version of Monk. You see incremental changes towards normalcy in Millers character. Lucy Liu plays a failed surgeon now as a companion to druggies which Millers character used to be due to lost wife.
Have you seen any of SHERLOCK, the BBC's version of contemporary setting of the same character? There are 6 feature length episodes.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
Have you seen any of SHERLOCK, the BBC's version of contemporary setting of the same character? There are 6 feature length episodes.
Not yet. We have one BBC channel so will try to check it out. My problem is I only get about 1 hour to watch tv due to my long day, either working or commuting, which amounts to 12 hours or so. I have to get to sleep by 8 pm to get up at 3:30 next morning so don't have much time for TV. More into devoting what little time I have to making and recording music. BTW, I noted your wish to hear the old stuff on that new recorder I got. When I get a chance, I want to transfer all that stuff to my Sonar machine which is a lot more powerful than the BR1600 in efx, so I can play with efx and maybe improve the sound, then slough them off to a CD so I can mp3 them and send some of them to you. I have several recording projects in the works but may not get to them for a couple of months. Don.

T

Moves
19 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Not yet. We have one BBC channel so will try to check it out. My problem is I only get about 1 hour to watch tv due to my long day, either working or commuting, which amounts to 12 hours or so. I have to get to sleep by 8 pm to get up at 3:30 next morning so don't have much time for TV. More into devoting what little time I have to making and recording mus ...[text shortened]... ve several recording projects in the works but may not get to them for a couple of months. Don.
PBS aired it as part of their Masterpiece Mystery series.