1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 10:342 edits
    When I was 15 I sat in a dark theatre, and watched this scene from this now famous old movie. Marlon Brando said to his son "I refuse to be a fool, dancing on the strings, held by all those big shots." (2:37 of this clip) Those words echoed in my ears for a very long time. Later on, when I entered the job market, that's exactly what I felt like many times, and I hated it, I hated being managed and operated by other people. After decades of work, delays, and overcoming obstacles, I now own my own growing business (no, I'm not a Mafioso, I do insurance verification and billing for doctors) make a comfortable living, work from home, and have never been happier. This quote was slightly out of context of course-

- but sometimes a quote is all it takes - 🙂

YouTube
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 18:08
    @mchill said
    When I was 15 I sat in a dark theatre, and watched this scene from this now famous old movie. Marlon Brando said to his son "I refuse to be a fool, dancing on the strings, held by all those big shots." (2:37 of this clip) Those words echoed in my ears for a very long time. Later on, when I entered the job market, that's exactly what I felt like many times, and I hated it, I ha ...[text shortened]...

- but sometimes a quote is all it takes - 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuXkNQ82D-8
    "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth." M. Ghandi
    That one does it for me.
  3. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 14:34
    The happiness you are seeking is not found in the flow of life, but in your attitude toward whatever life brings
    ~Ramesh Balsekar
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 08:41
    "SO true and that help a lot tho. Once I was about using all my money to help my friends he in trouble. But if I did that I totally broke and may left my appartment then homeless. I just couldn't let my friend be in jail. Then I read this quote "" You cannot pour from an empty pot"" on best quotes apknite.
    I know that I cannot help my friend that way, I just use half of the money I got and told him to borrow other friends too. Luckily, everything is fine now. "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree