1. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 18:53
    Is there anything to South African music other than an out of tune, uncentered, raucous B-flat?
    According to what I see and hear at the World Cup, the answer is an emphatic, NO!
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
    Is there anything to South African music other than an out of tune, uncentered, raucous B-flat?
    According to what I see and hear at the World Cup, the answer is an emphatic, NO!
    Oh, come on.

Do some research and come back later.
    http://www.music.org.za/artist_atoz.asp
  3. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 21:08
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Oh, come on.

Do some research and come back later.
    http://www.music.org.za/artist_atoz.asp
    All I hear, all I see are B-flats, B-flata, and more B-flats. They inspire me to do no research at all.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 21:26
    All I hear, all I see are B-flats, B-flata, and more B-flats. They inspire me to do no research at all.
    Oh well. Your loss.
  5. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 22:05
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Oh well. Your loss.
    Yes, I admit that could be, but I'm so tortured by those mind-numbing B-flats that I run away screaming in horror and agony. I have to wonder why South Africa, which worked so hard to host the World Cup, appears to do nothing to counter the torture of those vuvuselas by somehow showcasing its own music. At least, I've seen and heard nothing of the sort, but of course I no longer watch much of it in order to get away from it all. After the first week of that insanity, now I just check the scores at the end of the day. That's all. From where I sit, it leaves a very bad impression of the host nation.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 02:25
    Yes, I admit that could be, but I'm so tortured by those mind-numbing B-flats that I run away screaming in horror and agony. I have to wonder why South Africa, which worked so hard to host the World Cup, appears to do nothing to counter the torture of those vuvuselas by somehow showcasing its own music. At least, I've seen and heard nothing of the sort ...[text shortened]... of the day. That's all. From where I sit, it leaves a very bad impression of the host nation.
    Well try listening to this South African woman playing guitar, very unique. I would like to meet her and figure out how to do what she does.

YouTube
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 05:51
    Yes, I admit that could be, but I'm so tortured by those mind-numbing B-flats that I run away screaming in horror and agony. I have to wonder why South Africa, which worked so hard to host the World Cup, appears to do nothing to counter the torture of those vuvuselas by somehow showcasing its own music. At least, I've seen and heard nothing of the sort ...[text shortened]... of the day. That's all. From where I sit, it leaves a very bad impression of the host nation.
    I respect someone who admits how ignorant he really is.
  8. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 10:05
    Try this: http://tiny.cc/z0ssu
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 10:10
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I respect someone who admits how ignorant he really is.
    I respect anyone who understands a joke.
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 18:00
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I respect anyone who understands a joke.
    Yeah, I'm pretty bad at that stuff. I don't understand commercials either.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '10 20:331 edit
    Originally posted by Green Paladin
    Try this: http://tiny.cc/z0ssu
    Busi Mhlongo! Great song, wish I could get a translation!

I just found out she just died a couple of weeks ago. RIP. She was a great singer!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree