1. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 13:08
    OK, I am way out of date about this one, but my girlfriend and I saw this for the first time only two days ago.

The ending: my girlfriend, through pursed, disapproving lips said 'I don't like South Park anymore' whilst I was doubled up in laughter, my stomach muscles in agony.

I thought it a brilliant piss-take of blockbuster Hollywood films. My girlfriend, looking miserable and disapproving thought it bad taste with no message (I agree, it was bad taste, but done tastefully, and with a BIG message).

Your thoughts, please!
  2. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 14:26
    Originally posted by znsho
    OK, I am way out of date about this one, but my girlfriend and I saw this for the first time only two days ago.

The ending: my girlfriend, through pursed, disapproving lips said 'I don't like South Park anymore' whilst I was doubled up in laughter, my stomach muscles in agony.

I thought it a brilliant piss-take of blockbuster Hollywood films. My girlfri ...[text shortened]... ee, it was bad taste, but done tastefully, and with a BIG message).

Your thoughts, please!
    Not sure if I've seen that one.

Plx summarize.
  3. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by rbmorris

Plx summarize.
    Stan loses job as newspaper boy. Bicycle towed away. Must earn money to get bike back to continue as newspaper boy. Lands job of Pee-Wee hockey team coach. No experience in coaching job, in out of his depth. One child member (Nelson) of team has leaukemia and will die in a few weeks. Parents devasted. Stan does his best. Parents of suffering child (Nelson) look to him as a father-like figure'. Parents can't expalin to their child 'you will die soon' and asks Stan to do it for them, 'cos, as hockey team coach, Stan is a Father-Figure. Stan says to leakeamis victim team mates 'Win for Nelson'. Result is a boring 0-0 draw. Nelson in limbo. To improve team, Stan enlists genius Pee-Wee Canadian hockey player. Seems invincible. By starnge turn of events, Stan's Pee-Wee Team must play against Thugish, Ale-house hockey team of adults for The Cup when score is 2-2. Ale house Hockey team ruthlessly slaughter Pee-Wee team (involving severe grevious bodily harm and much blood) and win Fantastic Cup easily. Last scenes of 'I love you coach', 'I love you Dad' and so on with much hugging and emotional kissing. Stan hears 'I hate you coach' from toddler hockey player near death.

Final scene: Leaukemia child victim hears of terrible defeat of his hockey team. Says: ' No Hope' and slowly dies.

Bad taste, man!!!!
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 19:36
    Originally posted by rbmorris

Plx summarize.
    You have.
  5. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 20:05
    Originally posted by Mimor
    You have.
    Oh yeah. I think you're right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree