Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
15 Nov 11

Wow!

I'd never even heard of this show when I took it out from Netflix just because I found it searching for Aaron Sorkin. 4 episodes in and it's great, so far.

I've basically loved everything I've seen from Sorkin and this does not disappoint.

The classic opening scene (sorry about the subtitles):

What a way to hook you and reel you in!

Moves
17 Nov 11

Originally posted by sh76
Wow!

I'd never even heard of this show when I took it out from Netflix just because I found it searching for Aaron Sorkin. 4 episodes in and it's great, so far.

I've basically loved everything I've seen from Sorkin and this does not disappoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1INS1Rp3o9M

I second that. Sharp writing, for sure. Appealing characters. Mixes humor with poignancy. Apparently lost out to 30 Rock which had a similar setting. For some reason I've lost interest in 30 Rock. Maybe success leads to mediocrity or at least, repetitiveness. Studio 60/SSS will stay fresh.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Nov 11

Originally posted by JS357
I second that. Sharp writing, for sure. Appealing characters. Mixes humor with poignancy. Apparently lost out to 30 Rock which had a similar setting. For some reason I've lost interest in 30 Rock. Maybe success leads to mediocrity or at least, repetitiveness. Studio 60/SSS will stay fresh.
This looks like an SNL expose. Did you catch Judd Hirsch in a show my wife and I loved, Numbers?

Moves
19 Nov 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
This looks like an SNL expose. Did you catch Judd Hirsch in a show my wife and I loved, Numbers?
Yes, nicely done. Not sure about the math, but that's more about my math skills. Not much hand waving, like in most procedurals. It looks like they had some good math consultants. We only saw it on Netflix. Is it over?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Nov 11

Originally posted by JS357
Yes, nicely done. Not sure about the math, but that's more about my math skills. Not much hand waving, like in most procedurals. It looks like they had some good math consultants. We only saw it on Netflix. Is it over?
Yep, cancelled. Of course. We liked it. End of story. If you want to know if a show will last, let us watch it, if we liked it, it's doomed.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
30 Nov 11

Originally posted by sh76
Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1INS1Rp3o9M

sorkin is head and shoulders above the rest. Studio 60 was excellent. Unfortunately, writing and quality actors alone don't cut it with today's audience.

The West Wing is on my list of all time greats.