The Beatles Album that Never Was...

The Beatles Album that Never Was...

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illinois

Moves
02 Apr 08

I thought it would be interesting to string together the individual Beatles’ solo stuff and imagine what it would have been like if they never broke up and instead made one final album.

When the Beatles broke up and went solo they aired many grievances in their music, so were they to stay together they would have had to possess the wherewithal to air their dirty laundry as a band, and somehow find a reason to exist -- in my mind, the result would have been the most profound Beatles album they ever made.

I tried to tone down Paul's sentimental sappiness and curtail John's angst in the process. Which means, I didn't include Paul's, "Silly Love Songs," or John's, "Cold Turkey," even though they aren't bad songs at all, in order to simulate the tempering effect which they had on each other as a songwriting duo. I hope you enjoy it. If you have any suggestions about a possible album title or a play-list change, let me know.

http://epiphinehas.blogspot.com/

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
04 Apr 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
I thought it would be interesting to string together the individual Beatles’ solo stuff and imagine what it would have been like if they never broke up and instead made one final album.

When the Beatles broke up and went solo they aired many grievances in their music, so were they to stay together they would have had to possess the wherewithal to air ...[text shortened]... e album title or a play-list change, let me know.

gibberish generator + Strawberry Fields Forever =

Always no sometimes, think I know I know tune in but you know I know tune in but you down, 'cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields forever Strawberry Fields forever Let me take you know I know when it's not too bad Let me take you know I mean it must be high or low That is I think I disagree Let me take you can't you down, 'cos I'm going to get hungabout Strawberry Fields forever No one I think it's not too bad Let me take you know I know I mean a "Yes" but it's all right, that is you know tune in but i

I thing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields forever Let me take you know I mean a Yes but it's all right, thing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields forever Always nothing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields Nothink I disagree I mean a Yes but it's all right, think I know I mean a Yes but you down cos I'm going to get hungabout Strawberry Fields Nothink is I thing is real, and nothing is I thing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields

Nothink I know I know I mean it must be high or low That is I thing is y

Nothing is real, and nothing to Strawberry Fields forever Strawberry Fields Nothink it's all wrong to get me take you know I know I thing is I that it must be hight, thing to get me take you know when it's a dreal, and nothing too bad Let me but you know when it's a Yes but it must be hight, that is I know That it's nothink it's a Yes but is I think is real, and nothing to get me but Strawberry Fields forever Let hungabout is I me take you can't you down 'cos I that it's all wrong is real, and nothStrawberry Fields forever Strawberry Fields Nothink I disagree I mean it's a dream I think it's a dream I think it's me take you down cos I'm going to get hungabout Strawberry Fields Nothing that is I thing that is I thing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields Nothing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields forever Strawberry Fields Nothing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields forever Always no sometimes, that is real, and nothing to Strawberry Fields forever No one I thing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields Fields Nothing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields forever Always nothing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields forever Strawberry Fields forever Always not too bad Let me but you know tune in my tree Let me take you can't you down 'cos I'm going is real, and nothink is real and nothink I disagree I mean a Yes but you down, 'cos I'm going is real and nothing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields Nothing to get hungabout Strawberry Fields Nothink I disagree I mean it must be high or low That is in but it's...

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
04 Apr 08

these are just fantasy albums of mine.

BFTBOMK

(0) Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite (randomly insert after 1st set/use as header for 2nd and following sets)
(1) Blue Jay Way
(2) The Night Before
(3) Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
(4) Paperback Writer
(5) Nowhere Man
(6) You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
(7) Happy Christmas (War Is Over)
(8) Don't Pass Me Bye (optional 1 set)
(9) Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds

Shorter Version :

Blue Jay Way
Happy Christmas (War Is Over)
Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
Lovely Rita/The Night Before/Paperback Writer
Savoy Truffle
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Another version :

It's Only Love
Help
Rain
Don't Pass Me By
Tell Me Why
I'm Happy Just to Dance With You
Rocky Raccoon

No Imagination

We Can Work It Out
Wait
I Feel Fine
I've Just Seen a Face
Fixin' A Hole
I Should Have Known Better
The Inner Light
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Dear Prudence
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Within You Without You
Old Brown Shoe /It's Only Love

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
04 Apr 08

When the Beatles broke up and went solo they aired many grievances in their music, so were they to stay together they would have had to possess the wherewithal to air ...[text shortened]... e album title or a play-list change, let me know.

cold turkey would have been a perfect choice all things being equal.

IM
Primal Primate

holiest of holies

Moves
05 Apr 08

Lennon's Nobody Told Me? and he probably would have made it a condition of staying in the band that Yoko got to shriek all over a couple of songs.

R
OK SORRY

Moves
05 Apr 08

BEATLE SUCK!!!

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
05 Apr 08

Originally posted by Iron Monkey
Lennon's Nobody Told Me? and he probably would have made it a condition of staying in the band that Yoko got to shriek all over a couple of songs.
Whoa! i just looked at the blog, excellent song selections.

love
it don't come easy
i'd have you anytime
too many people
how do you sleep
let me roll it
mind games
photograph
band on the run
all things must pass
instant karma
another day
what is life
oh my love
imagine

but photograph is a lennon song.

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
05 Apr 08

When the Beatles broke up and went solo they aired many grievances in their music, so were they to stay together they would have had to possess the wherewithal to air ...[text shortened]... exist -- in my mind, the result would have been the most profound Beatles album they ever made.
artistic expression is the key here, they weren't "airing grievances" as much as they were making a statement. i would have put more beatlesongs that didn't make it onto albums into this, and you need george songs with more bounce.

w

Moves
06 Apr 08

Originally posted by Rapidfyre
BEATLE SUCK!!!
Are you referring to the Japanese or spider variety?

over your head

Moves
07 Apr 08

Originally posted by eldragonfly

but photograph is a lennon song.
'Fraid not

e
leperchaun messiah

thru a glass onion

Moves
07 Apr 08

Originally posted by Siskin