Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 21 Dec '14 15:08
    Big fan.
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    26 Dec '14 00:46
    Originally posted by Elke Mensch
    Big fan.
    Explain to me, then, the significance of the number '73'.
  3. 26 Dec '14 11:09
    There are some tv shows that amaze me in that they continue to exist - often quite successfull - while being painfully unfunny to me. Seeing parts of those shows I am reminded again and again how far removed I am from Average Joe.

    Melissa and Joey, Anger Management, Two and A half Man and anything by Jeff Dunham come to mind.

    The Big Bang Theory is also one of those shows.

    Must be me.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    26 Dec '14 15:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Explain to me, then, the significance of the number '73'.
    Depends on the context. I am a ham and 73 was used in CW (Morse code) conversations meaning goodbye, good luck, aloha, that kind of thing.

    In context of BB maybe they are alluding to that.

    Personally, to me, BB theory is just plain stupid. And the TV show, likewise
  5. 27 Dec '14 16:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Explain to me, then, the significance of the number '73'.
    "73, is the 21ste prime number, it's mirror 37 is the 12th and it's mirror 21 is the product of multiplying, hang on to your hats, 7 and 3."

    Sheldon
  6. 28 Dec '14 19:40
    Originally posted by Elke Mensch
    "73, is the 21ste prime number, it's mirror 37 is the 12th and it's mirror 21 is the product of multiplying, hang on to your hats, 7 and 3."

    Sheldon
    Good grief. Even the Illuminati could come up with a better excuse than that - the Law of Fives it ain't.
  7. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    29 Dec '14 02:03
    Originally posted by Elke Mensch
    "73, is the 21ste prime number, it's mirror 37 is the 12th and it's mirror 21 is the product of multiplying, hang on to your hats, 7 and 3."

    Sheldon
    Very good. You are indeed a fan.
  8. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    29 Dec '14 02:05
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Good grief. Even the Illuminati could come up with a better excuse than that - the Law of Fives it ain't.
    Don't criticize her based on the script of a show.

    She came up with the right answer, based on the lore of the show.
  9. 29 Dec '14 08:31
    Favorite line :

    "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested."

    Sheldon
  10. 01 Jan '15 16:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Don't criticize her based on the script of a show.
    I don't - I'm criticising the script of the show. Bleedin' wannabes. Those writers, they think they're jammin' with tha geek crowd... they're not geeks, they're Hollywood nerds (<http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HollywoodNerd>, if you must torment yourself further).
  11. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    02 Jan '15 04:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Explain to me, then, the significance of the number '73'.
    The year you were born?
  12. 03 Jan '15 18:42
    Originally posted by mikelom
    The year you were born?
    Pis off, old fart.
    Take it to the GF.
    This forum is about culture, not insulting people.
  13. 03 Jan '15 18:44
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I don't - I'm criticising the script of the show. Bleedin' wannabes. Those writers, they think they're jammin' with tha geek crowd... they're not geeks, they're Hollywood nerds (<http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HollywoodNerd>, if you must torment yourself further).
    Did you mother have you tested ?
  14. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    05 Jan '15 11:47
    Originally posted by Elke Mensch
    Pis off, old fart.
    Take it to the GF.
    This forum is about culture, not insulting people.
    Lol, I dunno if he's trying to be insulting.

    He's only 3 years off.
  15. 05 Jan '15 19:42
    Originally posted by Elke Mensch
    Did you mother have you tested ?
    My mother died when I was eight.

    Yours?