1. Joined
    30 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 00:22
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Sorry but you clearly actually know nothing about hard rock...... I've listened to "rock" all my life thats not it. what you posted was a bunch of whiny, talentless posers. Playing something along the lines of a mutant retarded cross over between nu-metal and crap-punk........

here try this for "hard rock"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C9CH3q9PLI
    htt ...[text shortened]... tch?v=k9hE9uaIOoE

I bet you like Limp bizkit don't you? Grow some taste or stop posting
    You just pawned Limp Bizkit๐Ÿ˜›
    I totally agree with you though.
  2. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 01:11
    Originally posted by sannevssr
    You just pawned Limp Bizkit๐Ÿ˜›
    I totally agree with you though.
    Pawned? not a phrase I'm familiar with in this context.......

Limp Bizkit does suck thou....
  3. Club 64
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 02:11
    Originally posted by Rapidfyre
    Keep your "sexy" songs to yourself. Or learn the definition.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF_YTSP6cvw
    Here's a good one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OYn5hxeFt10

Also, for any Queen fans out there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=58CJih1iYC0

Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜€
  4. Club 64
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 02:151 edit
    Originally posted by redfender1
    Here's a good one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OYn5hxeFt10

Also, for any Queen fans out there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=58CJih1iYC0

Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜€
    Good choices, my friend. May I also recommend:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw
  5. Joined
    30 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 02:18
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Pawned? not a phrase I'm familiar with in this context.......

Limp Bizkit does suck thou....
    Hmm, seems i made up my own def. of pawned, I thought it was a chessplayers way of saying "owned" :-)

The urban dictionary enlightened me:

Many people attack "pawned" as a misspelling of "pwned", but it has, in fact, become an acceptable spelling. The original origin of the word "pwn" was a typo, probably from a high-speed chat, of the word "own". Think how "the" is now "teh" in traditional l337 internet slang. In any case, looking at the origins of the word "own," one could deduce that it implies some dominance over something or someone. When "own" and "owned" became "pwn", "pwned" and "pwnage", the words came to mean the same thing; dominance and superiority. The new word "pawn" is very simmilar in the sense; its plain definition is to belittle or reduce someone or something to pawn status, essentially, "owning" them.
  6. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 02:24
    Originally posted by sannevssr
    Hmm, seems i made up my own def. of pawned, I thought it was a chessplayers way of saying "owned" :-)

The urban dictionary enlightened me:

Many people attack "pawned" as a misspelling of "pwned", but it has, in fact, become an acceptable spelling. The original origin of the word "pwn" was a typo, probably from a high-speed chat, of the word "own". Th ...[text shortened]... e someone or something to pawn status, essentially, "owning" them.
    Cheers for the clarification, I wasn't actually aware of pwned either..... Then I remembered that world of warcraft south park..... Thats comedy
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 08:06

Are you a member of this horrible 'band'? Because surely that could be the only reason you would post this crap in public.

These guys watched too many Linkin Park videos, took the worst parts* and turned it into songs and music videos.

* Linkin Park music and videos only had bad, worse and utterly useless parts.
  8. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    16 Mar '08 08:15
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Are you a member of this horrible 'band'? Because surely that could be the only reason you would post this crap in public.

These guys watched too many Linkin Park videos, took the worst parts* and turned it into songs and music videos.

* Linkin Park music and videos only had bad, worse and utterly useless parts.
    Your linkin park point is good, but you forgot to mention the "offensive to the word music" part.......
  9. Illinois
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 06:47

Posers. Frank Zappa ate guys like these for breakfast in his day. In fact, if FZ were around now, I could see one of his music videos starting with these jokers hitting their generic rock star poses, except the camera would pan out and you'd see a corporate overlord controlling their every move like the marionette puppets they are.

YouTube
  10. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 07:16

ok, i finally had to look out of morbid curiosity. really, you boviously haven't listened to enough music to be able to make an informed judgement about what's good and what's not. i suppose someone who had only ever hear this and Crazy Frog might be forgiven for thinking this is good, but you have internet access, so you have no excuse for liking it.

btw: 'boviously' is my new internet slang coinage for 'obviously'. boviously.
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 12:19
    Well I am a Hard Rock Junkie, so I have no idea why you hate it.
    If you dig hard rock, as in, righteously amazing guitar rock, it can be much more satisfying when not besmirched by fake poser attitude. For example, check out this band. I might be biased toward them since they're from my home town, but they've created something far more powerful and kick ass than Thousand Foot Krutch could on their best day, even though done in an understated way. Witness the power of sincerity and originality...

YouTube
  12. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 16:39
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    If you dig hard rock, as in, righteously amazing guitar rock, it can be much more satisfying when not besmirched by fake poser attitude. For example, check out this band. I might be biased toward them since they're from my home town, but they've created something far more powerful and kick ass than Thousand Foot Krutch could on their best day, even tho ...[text shortened]... itness the power of sincerity and originality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLv4oLI9l5U
    Too...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Original......... I dunno.
  13. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 16:37
    Wow! Look at all of the hard rock elitists. I find this in jazz all of the time but it's surprising to see it in hard rock. Do you hard rock elitists have to wear certain clothes and speak a certain way?
  14. Standard memberRapidfyre
    OK SORRY
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Wow! Look at all of the hard rock elitists. I find this in jazz all of the time but it's surprising to see it in hard rock. Do you hard rock elitists have to wear certain clothes and speak a certain way?
  15. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Mar '08 18:47
    Originally posted by badmoon
    ๐Ÿ™‚ Guilty as charged.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree