Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    25 Jul '08 04:30
    Listen to Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles.


    Does anyone else think this sounds like Neil Young singing?
  2. 25 Jul '08 05:34
    Listen to POCO sometime. Neil Young's brother sang with the band.
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    25 Jul '08 05:38
    Originally posted by uzless
    Listen to Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles.


    Does anyone else think this sounds like Neil Young singing?
    God no.

    Now go off and shoot yourself for mentioning the Eagles in anything but a negative light.
  4. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    25 Jul '08 07:34
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    God no.

    Now go off and shoot yourself for mentioning the Eagles in anything but a negative light.
    Top band, The Eagles. 'Desperado' -- beautiful, especially the Johnny Cash version.
  5. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    25 Jul '08 07:35
    Originally posted by uzless
    Listen to Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles.


    Does anyone else think this sounds like Neil Young singing?
    I see your point. Some of his more countrified contributions do stray into Eagles territory, I guess.
  6. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    26 Jul '08 02:13
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I see your point. Some of his more countrified contributions do stray into Eagles territory, I guess.
    Ya, I hear that twangyness that Neil Young sometimes lets out. Tequila Sunrise has a bit of that in the vocals.
  7. 27 Jul '08 00:47
    One thing - Neil Young predates The Eagles. Who ventured into who's territory?
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    27 Jul '08 06:12
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Top band, The Eagles. 'Desperado' -- beautiful, especially the Johnny Cash version.
    I think you said it right.
    The Johnny Cash version is good.
  9. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    27 Jul '08 08:07
    Originally posted by badmoon
    One thing - Neil Young predates The Eagles. Who ventured into who's territory?
    It would be nice to see a map of the territory. Where exactly is the Hotel California in relation to Buffalo Springfield?
  10. Standard member rbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    27 Jul '08 14:46
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    God no.

    Now go off and shoot yourself for mentioning the Eagles in anything but a negative light.
    Agreed.

    Re: Desperado

    When I used to work in a psychiatric hospital, we had a woman with a guitar come in occasionally and lead the patients in some singing exercises. They always sang "Desperado". There aren't many more depressing things in this world than watching a group of chain-smoking mental patients and drug addicts, dressed in their pajamas, singing "Desperado" off-key.
  11. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    28 Jul '08 08:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by rbmorris

    When I used to work in a psychiatric hospital, we had a woman with a guitar come in occasionally and lead the patients in some singing exercises. They always sang "Desperado". There aren't many more depressing things in this world than watching a group of chain-smoking mental patients and drug addicts, dressed in their pajamas, singing "Desperado" off-key.
    That brought a smile to my face. A tribute to the archetypal resonance of that particular song. You're probably ready now for Will Oldham's rendition of 'Puff the Magic Dragon'.

    Seen 'Cosi'?