1. Standard memberysterbaard
    AAPS forever
    Moves
    09 May '11 20:06
    Just finished reading it 10 minutes ago. Is there anyone on here that read it and what is your thougts on it?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '11 12:29
    Originally posted by ysterbaard
    Just finished reading it 10 minutes ago. Is there anyone on here that read it and what is your thougts on it?
    Isn't that the story of how that drummer lost some of his instruments?
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 May '11 16:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Isn't that the story of how that drummer lost some of his instruments?
    And knowing Dan Brown's meticulous research, one of them will be a theorbo. Built by Muzio Clementi. And once played on by Andreas Rosenkreuz him very self, who hid a secret message inside the lid.

Richard
  4. Standard memberysterbaard
    AAPS forever
    Moves
    12 May '11 18:50
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    And knowing Dan Brown's meticulous research, one of them will be a theorbo. Built by Muzio Clementi. And once played on by Andreas Rosenkreuz him very self, who hid a secret message inside the lid.

Richard
    Silly of me to put this in the 'culture' forum. I should have tried it under the 'Still trying to be funny after all af these years' forum.
  5. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 May '11 18:16
    To be fair, Dan Brown as "culture" is a bit of a stretch.
  6. Standard memberysterbaard
    AAPS forever
    Moves
    13 May '11 19:02
    Originally posted by mtthw
    To be fair, Dan Brown as "culture" is a bit of a stretch.
    Reading? Would that be considered culture? According to wiki Dan Brown is quite a successful writer. If it isn't culture now it will be sometime in the future.

This from Wiki:
    His fourth novel, The Da Vinci Code, became a bestseller, going to the top of the New York Times Best Seller list during its first week of release in 2003. It is now credited with being one of the most popular books of all time, with 81 million copies sold worldwide as of 2009.[15][16]
  7. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    15 May '11 12:23
    Originally posted by ysterbaard
    Well what is your take on it?
  8. Standard memberysterbaard
    AAPS forever
    Moves
    15 May '11 18:36
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Well what is your take on it?
    I would recomend it. It was relatively fast paced, with a few twists here and there, and the end was not at all what I expected. So all in all a good read. Some things that were clearly farfetched, but in fiction all is fair.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 May '11 20:091 edit
    I like Dan Brown; easy read, pacey and good surprises. Most of the nay-sayers like his stories too, they're just too far up their own bottoms to admit it.
  10. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    16 May '11 14:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I like Dan Brown; easy read, pacey and good surprises. Most of the nay-sayers like his stories too, they're just too far up their own bottoms to admit it.
    So what you're saying is that he's above any criticism. I found The De Vinci Code not tied together well, and the nding really stunk. But I guess thats my problem.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '11 05:21
    So what you're saying is that he's above any criticism. I found The De Vinci Code not tied together well, and the nding really stunk. But I guess thats my problem.
    No I didn't think the DC was a good story either; the film was worse.
  12. Standard memberPariah325
    Knife Wielder
    In the shadows...
    Moves
    19 May '11 03:02
    Better than Da Vinci Code, worse than Angels and Demons. I liked it, even though it isn't my normal type of reading. Nothing amazing about it, but a good adventure...
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 00:551 edit
    Good book... It's kind of funny how all Brown novels are essentially the same plot, but it's interesting and entertaining nonetheless. Even if many those historical facts aren't true, they're still interesting.

Probably Brown's 3rd best, behind Angels and Demons and Deception Point.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jun '11 18:15
    Not to mention pushing an agenda that trivializes an entire religion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree