1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 14:57
    Instant classic. Already one of my all time faves.

Question: If you saw it, who were you "rooting" for? No matter how much they portrayed Zuckerberg as a scheming insensitive jerk, I still found myself identifying with him more than anyone else, save for perhaps Eduardo.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 17:012 edits
    Very good film. And very nicely directed, the script could easily have been a borefest with another director.

But what are the options? I can't remember anybody else who was portrayed in a good light and the film makes him seem in the right in everything except when he accepts to screw Eduardo.
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 18:15
    I still don't get what's the appeal of the movie, to be honest.

And the ending was so clichéd I wanted to barf my popcorn.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 18:18
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Very good film. And very nicely directed, the script could easily have been a borefest with another director.

But what are the options? I can't remember anybody else who was portrayed in a good light and the film makes him seem in the right in everything except when he accepts to screw Eduardo.
    I thought the movie was geared towards making the viewer sympathize with the Winkelvoss twins and Narendra. I thought it portrayed them in a much more favorable light than it did Zuckerberg.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 20:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    I thought the movie was geared towards making the viewer sympathize with the Winkelvoss twins and Narendra. I thought it portrayed them in a much more favorable light than it did Zuckerberg.
    That's weird. 😕
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 21:26
    2 thirds though it (paused for crumpets) and I love the film so far. The Harvard twins are saps and imo they needed a top end programer and completely underestimated Zuc who only partied with them to palm them off - awesome. "Ideas" are NOT intelectual property.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '11 22:02
    FFS. Just came back to the film and the HD box is playing up again so had to bin it! God I hate sky so much.
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    28 Mar '11 23:46
    Originally posted by sh76
    Instant classic. Already one of my all time faves.

Question: If you saw it, who were you "rooting" for? No matter how much they portrayed Zuckerberg as a scheming insensitive jerk, I still found myself identifying with him more than anyone else, save for perhaps Eduardo.
    A fair film. Not one of the top 10 of 2010 by any stretch.

I couldn't identify with any of the characters. A self indulgant bore for the most part but the editing saved the day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree