1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '12 17:10
    Saw this with the wife. Four sketches, interwoven. We thought the story on celebrity was brilliant in concept, more than adequate in presentation. It would have made a good Charlie Chaplin silent. There was a bit too much slapstick in some sketches for my taste. Outstanding acting, though, and a visual treat. The general theme in my view was the power of seduction. Rome is like that. The power of one sketch's seduction was a little thinly presented, but OTOH both of the central characters in that sketch were seduced or almost seduced. As with many of Allen's movies, the US characters may be caricatures of Manhattanites in the 1%, or may be accurate!?
  2. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '12 19:33
    I don't know how accurately Woody Allen portrays the Manhattanites but at least that's the way I love to see them. I also love Woody Allens films - his music, his humour, people talking incessantly and showing emotions. The latest film I saw by him was "Midnight in Paris".
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 01:57
    Just saw it tonight. I thought it was great. I loved it.
  4. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    01 Aug '12 10:43
    He is very special and to truly appreciate most of his films, you need to share his special kind of humour - you either love or dislike his work. Not all his films are humourous though, Match Point for one.
    I will try to get To Rome With Love on DVD.
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    12 Aug '12 12:57
    I walked out of the movie, and I love Woody Allen movies. I think it's time he threw in the towell. He no longer makes quality stuff. Too bad, but everbody reaches a point where it's time to stop.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Aug '12 14:55
    Originally posted by buckky
    I walked out of the movie, and I love Woody Allen movies. I think it's time he threw in the towell. He no longer makes quality stuff. Too bad, but everbody reaches a point where it's time to stop.
    Walked out? Give me a break.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree