1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    01 Apr '08 20:28
    If you are 17-24 and go to someone's house with a bunch of your guy and female friends to have some beers etc, what current music do you listen to?

Name me some bands. Most of the new stuff i've heard is kinda downbeat or just not stuff i'd consider party music.

Fill this outta touch guy in.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    01 Apr '08 21:06
    Originally posted by uzless
    If you are 17-24 and go to someone's house with a bunch of your guy and female friends to have some beers etc, what current music do you listen to?
    Odds are it will be crap music.
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    01 Apr '08 23:14

Name me some bands. Most of the new stuff i've heard is kinda downbeat or just not stuff i'd consider party music.

Usually at least half of us have guitars, so we listen to badly executed music.
  4. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 08:431 edit
    I agree that most of the time it will be crap rap or crap punk; however, some music I think everyone can listen to is Sublime. Would love to go to a kick back with jazz/classical/jam playing though. When I get my house next year it will be good.

Try rap music that doesn't rap the entire time but has jazz roots with harmonies and interplay of rhythm parts. That seems to be my favorite at parties. Or Matisiayo, can't remember how to spell, a reggae jewish rapper. Not bad
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 09:19

You kiddos don't know how to have fun.

Play some Huey Lewis & the News for real partying. Some Billy Ocean, Rick Astley, Debbie Gibson, Cindy Lauper, and lots, lots, lots of Billy Idol.

Now THAT is what I call a party!

😛
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 13:182 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    You kiddos don't know how to have fun.

Play some Huey Lewis & the News for real partying.
    Sadly, I have a friend who loves to throw on his vinyl copy of 'Sports' when things start to get a bit hairy. I almost know all the words to 'Heart & Soul' now.

As for the Billy Idol, it wouldn't be a shock to hear Generation X played around some places these days either...
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 16:48
    I take it from the stark lack of content to the thread that there are 1 of 4 possibilities.

1. No one here is 17-24

2. There are people 17-24 here but they don't get invited to parties so don't know what goes on.

3. There are people 17-24 but they don't have good upbeat music at a party that isn't Hip-Hop.

4. There are people 17-24 here and they know good party-type music but they just don't care enough to bother posting it.
  8. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 16:55
    I take it from the stark lack of content to the thread that there are 1 of 4 possibilities.

1. No one here is 17-24

2. There are people 17-24 here but they don't get invited to parties so don't know what goes on.

3. There are people 17-24 but they don't have good upbeat music at a party that isn't Hip-Hop.

4. There are people 17-24 here and they know good party-type music but they just don't care enough to bother posting it.
    i'm not in the 17-24 demographic, but everyone i know who is thinks it's a good idea to play 80s music at parties. losers.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 16:55

1. No one here is 17-24

What's your excuse?
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 Apr '08 17:12
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What's your excuse?
    I'm not 17-24
  11. Joined
    22 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 00:37
    Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things are quite audible.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 05:27
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Sadly, I have a friend who loves to throw on his vinyl copy of 'Sports' when things start to get a bit hairy. I almost know all the words to 'Heart & Soul' now.

As for the Billy Idol, it wouldn't be a shock to hear Generation X played around some places these days either...
    damnit, man, it seems that we all have at least one spooky friend, lol lol

🙂

Hey, the Idol is cool!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree