1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '09 20:55
    Hi, i have just finished these two books, tortilla flat was hilarious and the Orwell book equally as enjoyable. can anyone suggest some other books that they have found as equally as entertaining from either Steinbeck or Orwell?
  2. Out there somewhere
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 15:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hi, i have just finished these two books, tortilla flat was hilarious and the Orwell book equally as enjoyable. can anyone suggest some other books that they have found as equally as entertaining from either Steinbeck or Orwell?
    If you like those i'd say you'd like novels by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
    I thought The great gatsby and Tender is the night were pretty decent. They are more steinbeck that orwell.

Richard Yates or John Updike too.

For more humerous, maybe Flann o Brian.

Cheers,
  3. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 16:51
    If you enjoy Steinbeck, East of Eden, Of Mice and Men, and The Grapes of Wrath will fit the bill.

For Orwell, Animal Farm and 1984.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 19:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Orwell's 'The Road to Wigan Pier' and 'Homage to Catalonia' are both laugh-out-loud funny.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '09 20:11
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Orwell's 'The Road to Wigan Pier' and 'Homage to Catalonia' are both laugh-out-loud funny.
    really! i will need to check them out, thanks!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree