1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 06:53
    Is it just me or does anyone else find they are driven to seek out new artists mostly by virtue of tunes played on TV adverts?

There is an advert playing here in the UK at the moment and it's driving me bloody crazy trying to find the song they're playing 😵

It's the Sky Summer Movies advert (or something like that)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 11:55
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Is it just me or does anyone else find they are driven to seek out new artists mostly by virtue of tunes played on TV adverts?
    If an artist I like with a classic song that I love sells the rights to use it in a TV ad I hold it against the artist with a deep bitterness.
  3. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 12:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    If an artist I like with a classic song that I love sells the rights to use it in a TV ad I hold it against the artist with a deep bitterness.
    I'm sure that distresses them hugely.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 13:22
    Originally posted by Agerg
    It's the Sky Summer Movies advert (or something like that)
    This advert?
    http://www.visit4info.com/advert/2010-in-High-Definition-Sky-Movies/80933
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Jul '10 15:315 edits
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    This advert?
    http://www.visit4info.com/advert/2010-in-High-Definition-Sky-Movies/80933
    Cheers for the link but it isn't that one...other artists I've looked at are the doves and Two Door Cinema Club

The advert has just been on again and the lyrics I'm hearing at the end (sung by a woman) are "feeling alive again"...I've tried a number of different google searches and am getting nothing...arrgggghhh!

never mind, found it!...goldfrapp - alive...not so sure I like the rest of the song 😵
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 10:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Only 1 musician in 1000 makes any kind of money so if someone gets a gig doing an ad, they put food on the table. Even if it is a cut and paste snippet of something already out there, they still get a piece of the pie.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '10 22:29
    I believe this is becoming one of the newer ways for artists to market their music to a wide audience.

it's not like any of the DJ-bots on the radio are ever going to give exposure to anything worthy.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Jul '10 01:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Only 1 musician in 1000 makes any kind of money so if someone gets a gig doing an ad, they put food on the table. Even if it is a cut and paste snippet of something already out there, they still get a piece of the pie.
    So we are talking about the likes of David Bowie and Goldfrapp here? Putting food on the table?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree