1. Joined
    06 Mar '13
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 16:17
    what tv shows do you like. i like the one called the middle, about the family in indiana where the lady sells cars. i also like to watch the shows about cooking alot.
  2. Standard memberLoose Screw
    Insane in the Brain!
    The House of Pain.
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 19:22
    Game of Thrones
    Nikita
    Arrow
    Person of interest

That kind of stuff.
  3. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 02:50
    The Walking dead
    Game of thrones
    Mickey mouse clubhouse
    Dexter
    Aqua teen hunger force
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by roasted porkchop
    what tv shows do you like. i like the one called the middle, about the family in indiana where the lady sells cars. i also like to watch the shows about cooking alot.
    children are in danger. education is in danger.

the written page is the scriptorium being burned by the ipad vikings

twenty years ago i turned off my televison and raised my children without it.

my son has today the job of his ambition, a crime reporter on a major newspaper.'

my daughter, teaches third grade children in a utah elementary school.

had i allowed them to watch mtv, junk tv, etc., perhaps they would have not found wellness.

you who love television and rock stars and allow your children to do the same are fools.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 12:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    children are in danger. education is in danger.

the written page is the scriptorium being burned by the ipad vikings

twenty years ago [b]i turned off my televison
    and raised my children without it.

my son has today the job of his ambition, a crime reporter on a major newspaper.'

my daughter, teaches third grade children in a utah elementary ...[text shortened]... you who love television and rock stars and allow your children to do the same are fools.[/b]
    Interesting....

"Children are in danger. Education is in danger."

---------

Who are the people responsible for this?

The latterly dangerous and abusive parents, and uneducated educators, perhaps?

-m.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 13:121 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Interesting....

"Children are in danger. Education is in danger."

---------

Who are the people responsible for this?

The latterly dangerous and abusive parents, and uneducated educators, perhaps?

-m.
    I was quoting another post made by roasted porkchop elsewhere. I have no idea what it means. And I don't have any children.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 13:40
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I was quoting another post made by roasted porkchop elsewhere. I have no idea what it means. And I don't have any children.
    Apologies..... I MISSED the hanker's post.

-w.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Mar '13 19:09
    Originally posted by Loose Screw
    Game of Thrones
    Nikita
    Arrow
    Person of interest

That kind of stuff.
    I am a huge fan of Arrow.

I work nights so I don't get a chance to catch it on TV but I do catch up on the weekends on the CW website.

After reading some online comments of the show, I was afraid it might not last to a second season, but I did hear it was picked up for a second season at least.

I hate that they are continually taking breaks, though. The next show isn't supposed to be until March 20, but at least that show will feature the return of the Huntress. 🙂
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 23:40
    Originally posted by Loose Screw
    Game of Thrones
    Nikita
    Arrow
    Person of interest

That kind of stuff.
    Did you like Lost also?

I'm slowly going through the first season via Netflix.

What about Fringe?
  10. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Did you like Lost also?

I'm slowly going through the first season via Netflix.

What about Fringe?
    Lost is awesome, but the ending is questionable, it's best to keep your opinion to your self as some Muppet always tries to impart their philosophical lost ending views down your neck.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '13 01:021 edit
    Originally posted by leestatic
    Lost is awesome, but the ending is questionable, it's best to keep your opinion to your self as some Muppet always tries to impart their philosophical lost ending views down your neck.
    Yeah, I keep asking myself, "What if I spend all this time watching this and the ending turns out to be lame and weak?"

That's a lot of hours to not get back and do something else with. Maybe that's why I never got into it before.

I'm a little more optimistic about Fringe. They held that series over for a half season in the fifth year just to clear up loose ends, so maybe the ending on that was clean. Not quite through the first season on that one yet.
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 01:22
    House was amazing. Lots of catching up to do there because they moved from a free-to-air channel here in Britain.

Recently I've been enjoying a brilliant documentary series on British railways: The Railway - Keeping Britain on Track. It shows all the walks of life you see when travelling by train and focuses on a different part of the network each episode. Really admirable work.

Charlie Brooker is always worth watching too. Just don't get him confused with Charlie Booker, who writes idiotic ranting pieces denying that climate change is happening, in the Sunday Telegraph.
  13. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 12:09
    Yeah, I keep asking myself, "What if I spend all this time watching this and the ending turns out to be lame and weak?"

That's a lot of hours to not get back and do something else with. Maybe that's why I never got into it before.

I'm a little more optimistic about Fringe. They held that series over for a half season in the fifth year just to clear ...[text shortened]... so maybe the ending on that was clean. Not quite through the first season on that one yet.
    Do you not invest your time in Lost unless you are fully expected to be let down by the series finale.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 15:27
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Do you not invest your time in Lost unless you are fully expected to be let down by the series finale.
    Maybe I should just skip to the last episode, hehe.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Mar '13 15:52
    Maybe I should just skip to the last episode, hehe.
    i suspect you might like the ending, stick with it,its also worth watching just for the eye candy, sawyer/hurley bromance and the numerous 'lost' based drinking games such as -

drinking when - you hear whispers
    you hear or see the monster
    kates kisses somebody
    kate has sex with somebody
    every flash forward
    every flash backwards
    every chewbacca reference
    every time you see a dharma scientist
    every time you think ben is lying
    every time sayid tortures somebody
    every time you guess a random cast member is going to die (known as star trek red shirt syndrome)
    every time jack is emotional
    every time desmond says 'brother'
    and every time you think 'what ever happened to that story thread'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree