W.

W.

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
18 Oct 08

Pretty anemic for Oliver Stone. It's not a bad movie, just not strong enough nor does it go far enough.

One * only, even though I did like it. I just wanted so much more.

dsR

Big D

Moves
19 Oct 08

Originally posted by coquette
Pretty anemic for Oliver Stone. It's not a bad movie, just not strong enough nor does it go far enough.

One * only, even though I did like it. I just wanted so much more.
I don't they can make any money on this domestically: Liberals won't go see it unless they are complete masochists and want to relive "the horror of the past eight years," and conservatives will avoid it because they don't want to enrich Ollie Stone. The only reason then that I can see why this turd sandwich was made is because it will do well overseas or because Ollie Stone and liberals want to tar and feather the President. Oliver Stone is a hack and hasn't made a good film since "Platoon."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Oct 08

Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
I don't they can make any money on this domestically: Liberals won't go see it unless they are complete masochists and want to relive "the horror of the past eight years," and conservatives will avoid it because they don't want to enrich Ollie Stone. The only reason then that I can see why this turd sandwich was made is because it will do well ov ...[text shortened]... ather the President. Oliver Stone is a hack and hasn't made a good film since "Platoon."
Ah, back when Oliver was Stoned?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
20 Oct 08

I don't they can make any money on this domestically: Liberals won't go see it unless they are complete masochists and want to relive "the horror of the past eight years," and conservatives will avoid it because they don't want to enrich Ollie Stone. The only reason then that I can see why this turd sandwich was made is because it will do well ov ...[text shortened]... ather the President. Oliver Stone is a hack and hasn't made a good film since "Platoon."
the doors was decent

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 Oct 08

Both Wall Street and Natural Born Killers are better films that Platoon.

dsR

Big D

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Both Wall Street and Natural Born Killers are better films that Platoon.
Too much bad art in Wall Street and too much Woody Harrelson in Natural Born.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 Oct 08

Interesting, I always pictured you as a fan of Gordon Gekko.

Perhaps Douglas' finest moment:

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
21 Oct 08

Bad art? What bad art? You mean Gordon Gekko's taste in art? That was Stone's obvious attempt to make a statement against the trendy nouveau riche money culture.

My problem with Oliver Stone is that he so obviously beats you over the head with his message. I enjoyed a couple of his movies..."Wall St" and "Natural Born Killers", but I sort of categorize him as the Dan Brown of film making--a purveyor of mindless (but sometimes entertaining) fluff.