1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 18:16
    Anyone know any music associated with the Watts Riots? I've found good stuff for the Rodney King and Zoot Suit riots, but that's one I don't know the associated riot music for.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 23:56
    Disco Inferno by the Trammps
    YouTube
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 04:233 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Anyone know any music associated with the Watts Riots? I've found good stuff for the Rodney King and Zoot Suit riots, but that's one I don't know the associated riot music for.
    Didn't know there would be music about those riots. I used to live there, worked across the street at Firestone Tire and Rubber, worked on a beast called the Banbury 27, a 2000 hp 15 rpm rubber milling machine. Think that thing had some torque?
    I was always amazed at the power meter when that big puppy came on, about 3 megawatts peak then settled down to a mere 1.5....

Have you seen the statues there? Amazing work. I was not there during the actual riots, I showed up there about the time of the first oil boycott, 1974 ish.

Did find one, American Steel, "loaded Gun", "I didn't see Watts burn but I felt the embers". Will look for a link.

YouTube

I can't understand a friggin word they are singing, I guess its about Watts.

I wonder what they're vocal chords are going to sound like in 20 years......
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 04:46
    Trouble Every Day by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
    YouTube
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 13:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Trouble Every Day by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiVFfOOm_GI
    Is that the 'Roxy & Elsewhere' version? If not, it should be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree