We lost two icons, one of folk and one blues:

We lost two icons, one of folk and one blues:

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Jun 08

Today we lost two music icons, one in American folk music, U Utah Phillips and in American Blues, Bo Diddley. They both set standards, RIP.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by sonhouse
Today we lost two music icons, one in American folk music, U Utah Phillips and in American Blues, Bo Diddley. They both set standards, RIP.
I had the great fortune to have seen Utah Phillips perform twice. He was one of a kind.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
04 Jun 08

Bo Diddley died? I hadn't heard that. I saw him maybe 10 years ago, browsing in a headshop in Greenwich Village.

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
04 Jun 08

Originally posted by rwingett
I had the great fortune to have seen Utah Phillips perform twice. He was one of a kind.
remember barry white ? he must have been 2 or 3 of a kind 😵

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
04 Jun 08

Bo Diddley established his own rhythm that is now a standard groove in rock and blues. Can't think of any other musician that is known for establishing a particular rhythm.

Another musician from the Jazz ranks has also departed, Jimmy McGriff, organist.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by gregsflat
Bo Diddley established his own rhythm that is now a standard groove in rock and blues. Can't think of any other musician that is known for establishing a particular rhythm.

Another musician from the Jazz ranks has also departed, Jimmy McGriff, organist.
And Danny Federici of E Street Band fame.