Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 06 Jun '09 17:29
    I was thinking about a question some 'Jehovah Witnesses' asked me some time ago and I said I should ask you guys too: What do you think about Hell - Hades - Hell fire, and sorts.
    Do you think its real or its just another religious contusion.
  2. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    06 Jun '09 17:34
    Take it to the Hell Forum, spanky.
  3. 06 Jun '09 17:39
    Originally posted by magmacollins
    I was thinking about a question some 'Jehovah Witnesses' asked me some time ago and I said I should ask you guys too: What do you think about Hell - Hades - Hell fire, and sorts.
    Do you think its real or its just another religious contusion.
    wrong forum.
  4. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    06 Jun '09 17:44
    Oh well, maybe he's talking about James Brown's album.

    You never know with the J's Witnesses.
  5. 06 Jun '09 17:49
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Oh well, maybe he's talking about James Brown's album.

    You never know with the J's Witnesses.
    LOL

    do the jehovah witnesesses play music?
  6. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    06 Jun '09 19:25
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    LOL

    do the jehovah witnesesses play music?
    Except on Sundays or when it's about drinking coffee and sins like that.
  7. Standard member Cimon
    Strategos
    07 Jun '09 11:43
    Originally posted by magmacollins
    I was thinking about a question some 'Jehovah Witnesses' asked me some time ago and I said I should ask you guys too: What do you think about Hell - Hades - Hell fire, and sorts.
    Do you think its real or its just another religious contusion.
    Why should I know about Hell?
  8. Subscriber AttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    07 Jun '09 13:46
    Hell, I don't know - never been there.
  9. 07 Jun '09 14:37 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Except on Sundays or when it's about drinking coffee and sins like that.
    actually thats the Mormons you muppet head! and there have been not a few famous Jehovahs witness musicians, for example, Hank Marvin of the Shadows, Prince also recently became a Jehovahs Witness, there was a huge spread in the guardian newspaper, i remember reading it in my local library, Michael Jackson is reputedly to have been one, but was kicked out or left, some dude from the band Slade is one, as are some members of Sly and the Family stone, etc etc etc.
  10. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    07 Jun '09 15:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually thats the Mormons you muppet head! and there have been not a few famous Jehovahs witness musicians, for example, Hank Marvin of the Shadows, Prince also recently became a Jehovahs Witness, there was a huge spread in the guardian newspaper, i remember reading it in my local library, Michael Jackson is reputedly to have been one, but was kicke ...[text shortened]... e dude from the band Slade is one, as are some members of Sly and the Family stone, etc etc etc.
    Oh forgive me, Reverend Smith.

    Am I still getting the 144,000 virgins?
  11. 07 Jun '09 15:18 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Oh forgive me, Reverend Smith.

    Am I still getting the 144,000 virgins?
    Lol, that the last thing a man needs, 144,000 virgins, one good and 'experienced', women is enough for any man, 144,000 virgins, ahhhh, the horror! and if you could refer to me as his most illustrious holy eminence, that would be fine Pontius Maximus !
  12. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    07 Jun '09 16:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, that the last thing a man needs, 144,000 virgins, one good and 'experienced', women is enough for any man, 144,000 virgins, ahhhh, the horror! and if you could refer to me as his most illustrious holy eminence, that would be fine Pontius Maximus !
    I prefer Reverend, if you don't mind.
  13. 07 Jun '09 17:02
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I prefer Reverend, if you don't mind.
    yeah well i suppose, but its not really, well you know, reverential enough, but it will do for a start!
  14. Standard member Lundos
    Back to basics
    07 Jun '09 20:58
    Originally posted by magmacollins
    What do you think about Hell - Hades - Hell fire, and sorts.
    Do you think its real or its just another religious contusion.
    I think it's a festival:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfest_Summer_Open_Air
  15. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    08 Jun '09 02:24
    Originally posted by magmacollins
    I was thinking about a question some 'Jehovah Witnesses' asked me some time ago and I said I should ask you guys too: What do you think about Hell - Hades - Hell fire, and sorts.
    Do you think its real or its just another religious contusion.
    go to hell.com