1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '13 20:13
    I want to write a blog, about sports. I don't need lessons on the sports side, obviously, I need lessons on the writing side.

Grammar isn't the most important aspect for me, I want to know how to connect with a reader's mind. I want to be more versed in rhetoric... I've done some research on my own and will continue to do so but the idea seems quite complicated and I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a PhD in rhetoric lol.

Whoever accepts this task please send me a PM. I will write up a sample and we can take it from there or we can do it your way.

I love sports. Football; basketball; baseball; They have all brought me much enjoyment over the years so I find myself wanting to give something back.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '13 01:54
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I want to write a blog, about sports. I don't need lessons on the sports side, obviously, I need lessons on the writing side.

Grammar isn't the most important aspect for me, I want to know how to connect with a reader's mind. I want to be more versed in rhetoric... I've done some research on my own and will continue to do so but the idea seems quite com ...[text shortened]... l brought me much enjoyment over the years so I find myself wanting to give something back.
    Hit your keyboard heavy with colorful, action trigger transitive verbs. Tread lighly on passive verbs of being. Nouns are also key, especially if they deliver color and light, texture and feel. Don't be afraid of the personal pronoun (I) but use it sparingly. Vary the size of sentences and paragraphs, as you already do in everyday speech. Most important (and this is a well kept secret) know the final sentence before you lift that pen. Write hot. Revise cold. Shove the draft into the refrigerator, overnight, next to the beer. (to be continued)
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 08:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hit your keyboard heavy with colorful, action trigger transitive verbs. Tread lighly on passive verbs of being. Nouns are also key, especially if they deliver color and light, texture and feel. Don't be afraid of the personal pronoun (I) but use it sparingly. Vary the size of sentences and paragraphs, as you already do in everyday speech. Most important ...[text shortened]... cold. Shove the draft into the refrigerator, overnight, next to the beer. (to be continued)
    I did read this, you know... Just waiting for the cotinued part.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Jan '13 21:34
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hit your keyboard heavy with colorful, action trigger transitive verbs. Tread lighly on passive verbs of being. Nouns are also key, especially if they deliver color and light, texture and feel. Don't be afraid of the personal pronoun (I) but use it sparingly. Vary the size of sentences and paragraphs, as you already do in everyday speech. Most important ...[text shortened]... cold. Shove the draft into the refrigerator, overnight, next to the beer. (to be continued)
    type out 10 times

heavily
    lightly
    importantly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverb
  5. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 13:36
    Go find yourself a copy of Sweet Agony: A Writing Manual of Sorts. Read it, then read it again.
  6. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    10 Jan '13 15:38
    Originally posted by tomtom232

Grammar isn't the most important aspect for me, I want to know how to connect with a reader's mind. I want to be more versed in rhetoric... I've done some research on my own and will continue to do so but the idea seems quite com ...[text shortened]... l brought me much enjoyment over the years so I find myself wanting to give something back.
    Just what the world needs. Another blog no one reads.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 00:24
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Just what the world needs. Another blog no one reads.
    Actually, people will read. I'm doing it for experience so I can try to get a column somewhere.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 13:24
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    type out 10 times

heavily
    lightly
    importantly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverb
    I think I'd replace 'lightly' with the use of Adjectives and Adverbs over nouns. Nouns will appear automatically! 😉

-m.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree