Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 07 Jun '13 19:53 / 1 edit
    Trees - The Garden of Jane Delawney 1970

    its pure awesome,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlejoZmJEo
  2. 07 Jun '13 21:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Trees - The Garden of Jane Delawney 1970

    its pure awesome,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlejoZmJEo
    only one song in and i think i know.

    terrible lead guitar. sounds like an over eager school boy. less is more.

    average lead singer, sounds like a poor sally oldfield.
  3. 07 Jun '13 21:55
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    only one song in and i think i know.

    terrible lead guitar. sounds like an over eager school boy. less is more.

    average lead singer, sounds like a poor sally oldfield.
    hate to admit it but its actually getting quite good. id burn the song at around 18:00 mins in. she still cant suck sally oldfields tips though. they must have shot the cheese shredder off the first song (guitarist)
  4. 07 Jun '13 23:05
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    hate to admit it but its actually getting quite good. id burn the song at around 18:00 mins in. she still cant suck sally oldfields tips though. they must have shot the cheese shredder off the first song (guitarist)
    its an awesome album,
  5. 08 Jun '13 00:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its an awesome album,
    not for me, a decent couple of tracks half way through, but back to the guitar shredding folk cheese by the end.

    go and listen to the unthanks if you want so proper lady folk.
  6. 08 Jun '13 10:42
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    not for me, a decent couple of tracks half way through, but back to the guitar shredding folk cheese by the end.

    go and listen to the unthanks if you want so proper lady folk.
    dude i was born in the summer of love, 1969, you need to feel the earth beneath your feet, you are brought up on the Kiaser chiefs and Ocean colour scene, give it up
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    10 Jun '13 03:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Trees - The Garden of Jane Delawney 1970

    its pure awesome,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlejoZmJEo
    I listened to the first track and find it ok, but not world class. You want world class from that era, try Pentangle or Fotheringay with Sandy Denny. I did notice on that first cut on Trees, it sounded very much like a lap dulcimer being played, not guitar, may have been the lady doing lead vocals.
  8. 10 Jun '13 13:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dude i was born in the summer of love, 1969, you need to feel the earth beneath your feet, you are brought up on the Kiaser chiefs and Ocean colour scene, give it up
    i had hippy-ish parents so i grew up listening to clannad, sally oldfield, judy tzuke. laura nyro, david sylvian and john cale.

    kaiser chiefs and ocean colour scene......nope. right era, wrong bands.
  9. 11 Jun '13 23:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I listened to the first track and find it ok, but not world class. You want world class from that era, try Pentangle or Fotheringay with Sandy Denny. I did notice on that first cut on Trees, it sounded very much like a lap dulcimer being played, not guitar, may have been the lady doing lead vocals.
    i must be one of the few folkies that does not like Sandy Denny, or Pentangle for that matter.
  10. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    12 Jun '13 22:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i must be one of the few folkies that does not like Sandy Denny, or Pentangle for that matter.
    That's fine, not everyone has to like them! I go more for Planxty or Boys of the Lough myself, real traditional folk bands.
  11. 13 Jun '13 15:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That's fine, not everyone has to like them! I go more for Planxty or Boys of the Lough myself, real traditional folk bands.
    Planxty i like, the Bothy band are also pretty good.
  12. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Jun '13 22:31 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Planxty i like, the Bothy band are also pretty good.
    Did you ever listen to Archie Fisher? He is a great singer. he wrote a song for one of my former girl friends, Dark Eyed Molly. Of course her real name was Paulette Gershon

    We did a gig together at a folk fest in Los Angeles and he even tried to put the make on my wife!
  13. 21 Jun '13 06:41
    If you play the album backwards, you can hear the words, "The Watchtower loves you."
  14. 21 Jun '13 19:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Did you ever listen to Archie Fisher? He is a great singer. he wrote a song for one of my former girl friends, Dark Eyed Molly. Of course her real name was Paulette Gershon

    We did a gig together at a folk fest in Los Angeles and he even tried to put the make on my wife!
    yeah i heard of him, needs his bum felt to bring him back to reality.
  15. 21 Jun '13 19:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    If you play the album backwards, you can hear the words, "The Watchtower loves you."
    trees whodey, when you see a tree , do you want to cut it down and sell it or hug it and thank it for being a life saving community?