1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 15:271 edit
    They would have been better off not going to Glastonbury and voting in the referendum instead.

😉
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 15:311 edit
    No doubt the next “Jesfest” will have a better impact than this current one. 😵
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 15:32
    Ah democracy, don’t you just love it...but only when it goes your way, right?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 15:332 edits
    Looking forward to all the snowflake hate later, after the football of course xx
  5. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 15:46
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Ah democracy, don’t you just love it...but only when it goes your way, right?
    There's more than one possible way to implement democracy; as it happens, the version implemented in the U.K. is one of the less effective ones.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    There's more than one possible way to implement democracy; as it happens, the version implemented in the U.K. is one of the less effective ones.
    Very true sir, but 100,000 weekend warriors jacking off in a get together in the British sunshine isn’t one of them. I despair of the real left in this country; most of these people wouldn’t even be there if it wasn’t a weekend and the sun was out! Where is the true grit that got the NHS established I wonder, not amongst this bunch of fairweather lightweights.

100,000 jeez it hardly enough to fill Wembley. If there was real passion for change there would be at least 500,000 and a serious challenge to Corbyn. But there isn’t.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 16:38
    Very true sir, but 100,000 weekend warriors jacking off in a get together in the British sunshine isn’t one of them. I despair of the real left in this country; most of these people wouldn’t even be there if it wasn’t a weekend and the sun was out! Where is the true grit that got the NHS established I wonder, not amongst this bunch of fairweather light ...[text shortened]... n for change there would be at least 500,000 and a serious challenge to Corbyn. But there isn’t.
    I think that in an effective democracy, everyone gets an equal say, as opposed to listening to those who shout loudest. While people should obviously have the right to protest, they are typically the result of the people not feeling their voice heard through ordinary channels. You will have to go back quite a while to find the last large-scale protest sparked by broad dissent among the populace in the Nordic democracies.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 16:481 edit
    I think that in an effective democracy, everyone gets an equal say, as opposed to listening to those who shout loudest. While people should obviously have the right to protest, they are typically the result of the people not feeling their voice heard through ordinary channels. You will have to go back quite a while to find the last large-scale protest sparked by broad dissent among the populace in the Nordic democracies.
    I agree that everyone gets an equal say which is why I mock the 250,000 “Jesfesters” who didn’t bother to vote but chose instead to make their equal say as quiet as possible at glastonbury two years ago; preferring instead the immediacy of pop culture and a blow-job to actually voting. The scratchy sound of a pen on a ballot paper is the loudest sound in the world, isn’t it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 16:531 edit
    It a weekend and the sun is out and less than half the numbers of Glastonbury turned up today. It’s a fart in a thunderstorm and I would be in despair if I was the remain camp.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 17:00
    What would impress me would be a “movement”; hundreds of thousands giving up their barbeques and traveling to London en-mass. An army of protestation from the 60,000,000 of the uk demanding justice. But no, we have is just 100,000 (allegedly) all oiled up in their factor 30 and I suspect mostly from the privileged segment of the London boroughs.

Sad.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 17:371 edit
    "Equal say,...people not feeling their voice heard through ordinary channels"?

Er, we had a Referendum. Did you miss it?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 17:38
    What would impress me would be a “movement”; hundreds of thousands giving up their barbeques and traveling to London en-mass. An army of protestation from the 60,000,000 of the uk demanding justice. But no, we have is just 100,000 (allegedly) all oiled up in their factor 30 and I suspect mostly from the privileged segment of the London boroughs.

Sad.
    Sooooo, this thread is just a self-congratulatory jerk fest?

Ok, well, enjoy yourself. 😕
  13. RSA
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 17:42
    We can't leave the European Union and remain at the same time, so how can everyone be represented? Your position is nonsense. We had a referendum; leave won and remain lost. Majority rules.
  14. RSA
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 17:54
    Yes that's why we were the ones who adopted fascism, communism, absolute monarchy and theocracy and Europe had to save us from destroying ourselves. Sounds right, hey?
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 18:03
    The counter protest drew hundreds !!
    Hundreds I tell ya !! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree