1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    They would have been better off not going to Glastonbury and voting in the referendum instead.

😉
    Oh, I’m pretty sure we don’t want a second referedum. We really don’t want to risk the English staying in Europe and dragging the rest of us down....

Edit:
    Please take the Poles, Hungarians and Italians (except their cooking) with you.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 18:55
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Sooooo, this thread is just a self-congratulatory jerk fest?

Ok, well, enjoy yourself. 😕
    Thanks, I will darling x
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 18:57
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Oh, I’m pretty sure we don’t want a second referedum. We really don’t want to risk the English staying in Europe and dragging the rest of us down....

Edit:
    No second referendum support here chap; and I’d take every nation state I could out of the gravy-train corrupt globalist entity of the EU if I had my way.

And start again.
  4. RSA
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 19:03

Edit:
    Shavixmir, we'll save you a seat aboard HMS Britain when the eurozone implodes (a day not far off). If you want to stick with that ticking time bomb, don't blame me when I say "I told you so".
  5. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 20:06
    I agree that everyone gets an equal say which is why I mock the 250,000 “Jesfesters” who didn’t bother to vote but chose instead to make their equal say as quiet as possible at glastonbury two years ago; preferring instead the immediacy of pop culture and a blow-job to actually voting. The scratchy sound of a pen on a ballot paper is the loudest sound in the world, isn’t it.
    The problem is that since one's vote is negligible with respect to the outcome of the election, not voting is a rational choice esp. when it is cumbersome to cast it. That's why voting should both be mandatory and easy.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 20:45
    No second referendum support here chap; and I’d take every nation state I could out of the gravy-train corrupt globalist entity of the EU if I had my way.

And start again.
    I’m curious, as a you’re Chelsea fan and someone who is rallying against the ‘gravy-train corrupt globalists’, what’s your take on Roman Abramovich?
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jun '18 22:36

And start again.
    Suppose that the referendum result were shown to have been decisively affected by Russian influence. Given that a democracy can only work if a vote is free and fair, the emphasis here being on fair, can the Brexit vote stand in the light of potential Russian interference? If a duly appointed court, in the light of sufficient evidence, finds that the vote was effectively rigged by outsiders then since parliament has it within her power to overturn the vote there is no reason not to overturn the vote. Further since parliament is sovereign in this country there is no reason to have another referendum. Personally I would not bother (as long as we keep the opt outs, and maybe extend them a little).
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 02:28
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Sooooo, this thread is just a self-congratulatory jerk fest?

Ok, well, enjoy yourself. 😕
    The sexist troll suzi at it again, why did she use the sexist term 'jerk - fest" when it could have easily been 'diddle the little man in the boat - fest'
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 04:40
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    I’m curious, as a you’re Chelsea fan and someone who is rallying against the ‘gravy-train corrupt globalists’, what’s your take on Roman Abramovich?
    I wish he’d sell the club, I’m not a fan of him.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 04:43
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    The problem is that since one's vote is negligible with respect to the outcome of the election, not voting is a rational choice esp. when it is cumbersome to cast it. That's why voting should both be mandatory and easy.
    You don’t think voting is easy...Voting is the easiest thing in the world one walks to the ballot station and votes, or you vote by mail or by proxy. I struggle to see how it could be any easier. If (young) people don’t bother to vote because they are fickle and prefer to be doing something else that’s their prerogative.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 04:45
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    Suppose that the referendum result were shown to have been decisively affected by Russian influence. Given that a democracy can only work if a vote is free and fair, the emphasis here being on fair, can the Brexit vote stand in the light of potential Russian interference? If a duly appointed court, in the light of sufficient evidence, finds that the v ...[text shortened]... Personally I would not bother (as long as we keep the opt outs, and maybe extend them a little).
    If only huh... 😉
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 05:37
    Having thought about it, I am in favour of a second referendum. Just to piss the brexiteers off.

Yes. I’ll risk social anarchy and bloodshed just for giggles.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 05:53
    Having thought about it, I am in favour of a second referendum. Just to piss the brexiteers off.

Yes. I’ll risk social anarchy and bloodshed just for giggles.
    Perhaps it wouldn’t be a bad idea. Opinion has shifted slightly in favour of a re-vote but the outcome is still far from clear.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 07:25
    You don’t think voting is easy...Voting is the easiest thing in the world one walks to the ballot station and votes, or you vote by mail or by proxy. I struggle to see how it could be any easier. If (young) people don’t bother to vote because they are fickle and prefer to be doing something else that’s their prerogative.
    If they don't have an opinion, that's fine - just cast a blank vote. But not voting should not be an option precisely because these people do tend to have a preference - in the few countries with mandatory voting (e.g. Belgium, Australia) there are far fewer blank/invalid votes being cast than there are non-voters in the U.K.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '18 07:34
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    If they don't have an opinion, that's fine - just cast a blank vote. But not voting should not be an option precisely because these people do tend to have a preference - in the few countries with mandatory voting (e.g. Belgium, Australia) there are far fewer blank/invalid votes being cast than there are non-voters in the U.K.
    Surely it is an individuals democratic right and personal freedom to chose to not vote?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree