24 Jan '19 01:41
    Somebody doesn't understand the Laffer curve
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 03:41
    @athousandyoung said
    Somebody doesn't understand the Laffer curve
    There is nothing funny about this I can assure you.
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 03:47
    @whodey said
    FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    whjootie, one of your best. Why don we all just meet at an agreed-upon destination, like Malta, or middle Kansas, or maybe the Azores, to juts by god hash it out!?!?? I would had one proviso, that I have a fueled-up Dalson Falcon 7X at the ready if I just couldn't take it anymore.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 03:55
    @whodey said
    You know, i as just thinking. I really hate all those rich bastards at Davos right now, who together emptoy over 20 million people. They don't dictate to them, they just employ them . (their unions may dictate, but not the rich guys,)
    Anyway I was thinking,, if George Soros or some other evil guy was able to get by the drones and wipe em out, I wonder what the outcome would be. All gone, their lieutenants in the states running around, ,,,,,what to do....... I mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't we need those guys? The lieutenants simply don't have what it takes to do 'what these guys do' Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking . Just forget it.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 04:361 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    You know, i as just thinking. I really hate all those rich bastards at Davos right now, who together emptoy over 20 million people. They don't dictate to them, they just employ them . (their unions may dictate, but not the rich guys,)
    Anyway I was thinking,, if George Soros or some other evil guy was able to get by the drones and wipe em out, I wonder what the out ...[text shortened]... what it takes to do 'what these guys do' Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking . Just forget it.
    I guess I reject your apparent belief that 99.9% of the human race are helpless sheep who need the strong hand of the .1% to lord over them ( the latter naturally deserve the majority of the world's bounty for providing this "service" ).
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 06:331 edit
    @whodey said
    I doubt anyone here will actually read this, but it doesn't matter what the tax rate is for the top 1% - what matters is what the actually PAY - The top 1% of income earners pay an average of 24.7% of their income in taxes.

Many millionaires in America pay NO tax at all.

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/tax-fairness-briefing-booklet/fact-sheet-taxing-wealthy-americans/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/10/03/why-thousands-of-millionaires-dont-pay-federal-income-taxes/?utm_term=.5b5e35f1b39c
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 21:32
    @mchill said
    I doubt anyone here will actually read this, but it doesn't matter what the tax rate is for the top 1% - what matters is what the actually PAY - The top 1% of income earners pay an average of 24.7% of their income in taxes.

Many millionaires in America pay NO tax at all.

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/tax-fairness-briefing-booklet/fact-sheet-taxing-wealthy-ameri ...[text shortened]... nk/wp/2016/10/03/why-thousands-of-millionaires-dont-pay-federal-income-taxes/?utm_term=.5b5e35f1b39c
    That is exactly right. No matter what Cortez and Bernie do (which in the end will have you eating your pet dog to survive), the rich got rich mainly cause they are smart, and they hire smart people. They avoid tax. But know that they contribute greatly to 501C3 organizations in that process. Number1Maruader above suggests that the masses don't need the 1% percenters. He is on an Apple, he has a cell phone, he has Ford's car, he uses Rockefeller's gas, he uses Mellon's electricity, Carnegies steel, which was brought by Vanderbilt's railroad. Why,, this is making my fingers tired. (Obama says they didn't build any of that). So anyway, we don't need the guys who PROVIDE so much STUFF to us everyday, that we just cant seem to 'do without'. Ever walked into Bernie Marcus' Home Depot. He got that wrench I'm looking for delivered from Germany, and I am counting on it being in that store! Or I am going to be mad! I need that one-percenter, or I won't be able to fix my daughter's car (which was made by Ford).
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 22:07
    @whodey said
    There are people here who would argue that the tax rate on certain income levels should be above 100%.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 22:45
    @quackquack said
    There are people here who would argue that the tax rate on certain income levels should be above 100%.
    That is prob a way for them to impress upon us that they are serious about doing away with the rich. There is no simpler way to say it. Poof. They’re gone. Then the country is supposed to roll along smoothly.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '19 23:44
    @averagejoe1 said
    That is prob a way for them to impress upon us that they are serious about doing away with the rich. There is no simpler way to say it. Poof. They’re gone. Then the country is supposed to roll along smoothly.
    Please stop telling us what we think.

You always get it wrong.

This goes double for whodey.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 01:24
    @averagejoe1 said
    Anyway I was thinking,, if George Soros or some other evil guy was able to get by the drones and wipe em out, I wonder what the out ...[text shortened]... what it takes to do 'what these guys do' Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking . Just forget it.
    What exactly do “these guys do” anyway?
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 03:33
    @athousandyoung said
    What exactly do “these guys do” anyway?
    Provide services and products in the blink of an eye. I heard there is some off-the-wall company out there that can package anything you can think of as you order it from your bed, and deliver it to your front stoop while you are poaching your eggs the next morning. Magic. Yeah, that’s what they do......magic. We don’t want harm to come to “these guys’ while they make life so easy for us, do we. Tell them to rock on. It is nice to not give one whit as to their income derived from the corporation, and of course, is it really our business? It is the business ONLY of the stockholders.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 06:03
    @averagejoe1 said
    Provide services and products in the blink of an eye. I heard there is some off-the-wall company out there that can package anything you can think of as you order it from your bed, and deliver it to your front stoop while you are poaching your eggs the next morning. Magic. Yeah, that’s what they do......magic. We don’t want harm to come to “these guys’ while they make lif ...[text shortened]... corporation, and of course, is it really our business? It is the business ONLY of the stockholders.
    What does the boots you lick taste like?
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Jan '19 13:07
    @no1marauder said
    What does the boots you lick taste like?
    Liberty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree