1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 22:33
    So if billionaires are getting rich from the government why do you oppose taxing them?!
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Mar '23 22:391 edit
    @wajoma said
    They're near the source. Musk has accepted millions in goobermint grants for the greenie cars. It comes at a cost, there has to be some back-flow, multi million dollar election campaigns in a competition to elect the biggest liars.

ATY says: Since billionaires keep getting richer.

But are they? A billion dollars isn't worth the same as a billion dollars only a ...[text shortened]... value. 'Tax the rich tax the rich.' cries ATY.

Inflation is a tax on anyone that holds a dollar.
    Yes the billionaires are getting richer. Between 2008 and 2018 Bezos went from 8 billion to 112 billion. Between 2012 and 2023 Gates went from ~20 billion to ~110 billion.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 01:00
    @AThousandYoung
    Here's the other side. (or part of it)

"In 2019, the top 1%, or taxpayers with an AGI of $546,434, paid $612 billion in income taxes, and paid 38.8% of all federal income taxes. To contrast, the bottom 90% paid $461 billion in income taxes."
    ============

But if you are destined to hate the rich, so be it. I can't change how you think
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 17:40
    @athousandyoung said
    If everyone’s amount of money was doubled, yes prices would also double, but it wouldn’t matter. So clearly the problem isn’t simply the money supply. It’s about who has the money.
    You libs need Econ 101. It is as if you are saying the rich have a real large piece of the pie!! Scraps left for you!!
    There are many pies. Why don’t you bake a pie? And not concern yourself with someone else’s pie.
    Why do yo all get wrapped up in “the lives of others’. They have nothing to do with you. Whew.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 17:591 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @AThousandYoung
    Here's the other side. (or part of it)

"In 2019, the top 1%, or taxpayers with an AGI of $546,434, paid $612 billion in income taxes, and paid 38.8% of all federal income taxes. To contrast, the bottom 90% paid $461 billion in income taxes."
    ============

But if you are destined to hate the rich, so be it. I can't change how you think
    Hating something is not the same as taxing it.

You post the top 1% based on taxable income, not worth. So obviously those numbers shake out that way. But most wealthy are not on that list.

We tax employment and property, for example. Both are good.

We don't tax the rich because they are walk around money in every politicians pocket.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree