I Like it, I could use another AK-47.
    One is never enough.

At the very least you can trade it for food or water.i
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Sep '14 01:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    from the link:

"I inquired about a listing: "Arsenal AK-47 excellent condition asking $1200" [...] and that I needed immediate shipment for something I had planned."

"After some email bartering, the seller provided his PayPal information and agreed to overnight shipping. "When you send the PayPal, send as a gift to a family member so I won' ...[text shortened]... reaking into my house, and my plan was to just hide in the closet until the FedEx guy arrived?)"
    Apparently there are no regulations on buying guns in Albania. In America the shipper has to send the gun to a FFA licensed dealer, who will check your background, and charge you $25 for being a middleman.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 Sep '14 01:50
    Posing as a disgruntled high school student who wants to buy a big mama of a gun for his upcoming 18th birthday, I fire away at the listings stating such things as, "I'm really into video games and want to take things to the next level." It takes all of five minutes to get a response from a dealer -- putting on the hard sell. "AR-15 Brand NEW! Plus 100 ROUN ...[text shortened]... ing-new AR-15 and the armor-piercing bullets to go with it. God bless America, and the Internet!
    The only reason for your not having a visit from BATF or the FBI or both is your IP address is overseas.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '14 23:44
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Apparently there are no regulations on buying guns in Albania. In America the shipper has to send the gun to a FFA licensed dealer, who will check your background, and charge you $25 for being a middleman.
    indeed, things have changed. You even have to show a drivers license to purchase ammunition.. what a bunch of BS.. wait I live in a liberal state, maybe it's just here?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 09:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '14 09:27
    I wanted to expand my search beyond just guns and into the sort of bullets that would allow someone to pierce an entire SWAT team at once. Currently 11 states have barred the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets -- including New York, where I happen to live. Breaking these laws will get you anywhere from one month to 10 years in prison, with fines ranging from $500 to $15,000. Federal law also prohibits the manufacture, importation, sale, or delivery of armor-piercing ammunition. Which is ridiculous -- what if the guy robbing my house is wearing armor? Or the deer I'm hunting?Fortunately, it's Facebook to the rescue:

"Selling 462 ARMOR PIERCING bullets in reloadable brass cases. These usually sell for $1.65 or more per bullet. Will sell for $700 for all or best offer. Shipping costs extra. Located in Columbus Indiana."
    I emailed with a sense of urgency: "I need armor-piercing bullets. I need them shipped overnight. As many as you got! Please respond ASAP. I need them fast!"

Within a few hours, I got a delivery quote of $244 to have those bullets shipped overnight. My response: "That's fantastic!! I live in the Bronx. Very, very important that I get armor-piercing bullets by Wednesday."
    Surprisingly, the seller rained on my bullet parade: "I can't ship to New York. Illegal. I would be jeopardizing my shop if I did is what I was informed of by another gun shop there. Sorry."

So maybe the Internet's gun sellers aren't as hilaritragically shady as I thought. But I tried one more (armor-)piercing plea: "Could you ship to North Carolina?"

Bingo: "OK. If you want it shipped to North Carolina it would be there Monday or Tuesday if I ship out tomorrow. If you send money today I'll ship tomorrow. $700 and I'll cover shipping costs."

On one hand, these guys are operating some of the most customer-friendly businesses I've ever shopped at. On the other hand? Holy fu%$.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_21179_5-terrifying-things-i-learned-while-buying-guns-facebook_p2.html#ixzz3EbJ7xdwV
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 21:50
    I wanted to expand my search beyond just guns and into the sort of bullets that would allow someone to pierce an entire SWAT team at once. Currently 11 states have barred the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets -- including New York, where I happen to live. Breaking these laws will get you anywhere from one month to 10 years in prison, with fines r ...[text shortened]... com/article_21179_5-terrifying-things-i-learned-while-buying-guns-facebook_p2.html#ixzz3EbJ7xdwV
    Do you even know what "armour peircng bullets" are?

Most centerfire rifle cartridges will penetrate soft body armour like Kevlar. Most hand gun rounds will not. Some 50 caliber rounds will penetrate military armour and almost all building walls.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Sep '14 23:00
    Posing as a disgruntled high school student who wants to buy a big mama of a gun for his upcoming 18th birthday, I fire away at the listings stating such things as, "I'm really into video games and want to take things to the next level." It takes all of five minutes to get a response from a dealer -- putting on the hard sell. "AR-15 Brand NEW! Plus 100 ROUN ...[text shortened]... ing-new AR-15 and the armor-piercing bullets to go with it. God bless America, and the Internet!
    You are not against buying things on the internet are you?
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 08:57
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are not against buying things on the internet are you?
    like guns, explosives, tanks, poisons ?

yes, i am very much against buying such things on the internet without any check whatsoever.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '14 08:59
    Do you even know what "armour peircng bullets" are?

Most centerfire rifle cartridges will penetrate soft body armour like Kevlar. Most hand gun rounds will not. Some 50 caliber rounds will penetrate military armour and almost all building walls.
    there must be a point you are trying to make. buried somewhere in your rant? can you dig it out for me and state it plainly?

you are saying we SHOULD be allowed to buy armor piercing ammo?
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    01 Oct '14 14:23
    So long as the crazy gun-totin' yanks stay in yankville... who cares?
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 01:06
    there must be a point you are trying to make. buried somewhere in your rant? can you dig it out for me and state it plainly?

you are saying we SHOULD be allowed to buy armor piercing ammo?
    You have to define what you want to prohibit. What is "armour piercing"? Nearly every center fire rifle cartridge is able to penetrate Kevlar vests. You can't take out an entire SWAT team, even if you could get them to line up mindlessly for the shot. The FN57 which is both carbine and handgun cartridge does come in Law Enforcement only able to penetrate soft body armour (Kevlar). You can't buy that on the internet.

Try to arm yourself with a few facts instead of mindless rants. Yes, to kill deer in a responsible manner, center fire rifle cartridges ought to be legal to purchase. In areas like Alaska where bear encounters are common, big heavy penefrating bullets are needed..

And our second amendment as a guard against government overreach ought to allow ordinary citizens to buy military cartridges.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 01:08
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    So long as the crazy gun-totin' yanks stay in yankville... who cares?
    Zahlanzi has apparently changed residences from Romania to NY. I think that is "Yankville".
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 08:321 edit
    You have to define what you want to prohibit. What is "armour piercing"? Nearly every center fire rifle cartridge is able to penetrate Kevlar vests. You can't take out an entire SWAT team, even if you could get them to line up mindlessly for the shot. The FN57 which is both carbine and handgun cartridge does come in Law Enforcement only able to penetr ...[text shortened]... guard against government overreach ought to allow ordinary citizens to buy military cartridges.
    can you understand a joke? because i think you actually believe the author of the article imagined he would take a swat team with one shot.

as for the rest of your rant:

no, you shouldn't be able to buy any ammo that can penetrate body armor,

hunting should only be legal if you do it with a spear or a bow you constructed yourself out of the sinew of an animal you killed with a spear and a branch you found in the woods.
    if you are such a man's man, go kill a bear with a spear. and i will bow to your manliness.

"And our second amendment as a guard against government overreach
    ought to allow ordinary citizens to buy military cartridges."

anyone who still uses this argument is retarded and should not be allowed to vote/drive a car/use fire.
    first off, if your government wants to take away your liberties, they... already did. and you did nothing. patriot act came, you accepted it. guantanamo bay. nsa listening on conversations. bush lying the country and getting it into a stupid war. obama using drones.

there is nothing a bunch of rednecks can do against the US government, even if you WERE to get off your apathetic gluteus maximuses

Secondly, read the damn second amendment:

a well regulated militia (even then, well regulated militia was essential, it didn't mean any idiot with a gun), being necessary for the security of a free state (security of your country, it doesn't say dick about the government coming to get you), the right of the people to keep and bear arms (if jefferson/franklin/whatever knew what arms we have now, they would first crap their pants and then smack you over the head with a very hard copy of the constitution for thinking arms means sniper rifles) shall not be infringed.

you want guns? fine.
    form a well regulated militia, drill rigurously, and you can have all the muskets you want.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 17:15
    can you understand a joke? because i think you actually believe the author of the article imagined he would take a swat team with one shot.

as for the rest of your rant:

no, you shouldn't be able to buy any ammo that can penetrate body armor,

hunting should only be legal if you do it with a spear or a bow you constructed yourself out of the ...[text shortened]... e.
    form a well regulated militia, drill rigurously, and you can have all the muskets you want.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

The actual text of the 2nd amendment without commentary inserted. The action clause of the text is "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The right of the people, not the militia, nor the State. The right of the people. Membership in a militia was not a requirement for this right any more than membership in a church or newspaper was required for the rights defined in the first.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that drones, and nuclear weapons would have cause incontinence in Jefferson or Franklin. Franklin especially knew that weapons technology would accelerate exponentially.

If you really think that 50 caliber sniper rifles are a problem you ought to check out the price of a Barret. Rifles over 100 years old like my British .303 which was used in the late 19th century can defeat Kevlar body armor and if you like try standing in front of a Musket with Kevlar. It probably will not penetrate, but will kill you from the impact of the heavy ball.

You can hold any opinion you want, which is also a freedom granted Americans and spew your stupidity as often as you wish to prove beyond any doubt your idiocy. Hunting with firearms and with bow and arrow are American traditions that I seriously doubt you are going to change. Your opinion of my manhood could not be less important to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree