Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Jul '15 17:292 edits
    The GOP is trying to get passed a bill that would allow a 7 day work week.

    So much for the religious right and a day of rest.

    So what say you? Should this be allowed? If not, why not?

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/07/wisconsin-seven-day-work-week/398189/
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13035
    12 Jul '15 19:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    The GOP is trying to get passed a bill that would allow a 7 day work week.

    So much for the religious right and a day of rest.

    So what say you? Should this be allowed? If not, why not?

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/07/wisconsin-seven-day-work-week/398189/
    Well, that's another reason for not voting for Jeb Bush. That's a stupid and anti-christian thing to do.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Jul '15 20:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, that's another reason for not voting for Jeb Bush. That's a stupid and anti-christian thing to do.
    Just like the days before Moses gave us the day of rest on the Sabbath, back to work slave!!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13035
    12 Jul '15 21:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just like the days before Moses gave us the day of rest on the Sabbath, back to work slave!!
    yeah. We will be under Pharoah Obama.

    YouTube
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Jul '15 21:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    yeah. We will be under Pharoah Obama.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFAV2X0H_bQ
    But Obama could blame the evil GOP for their slavery
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13035
    12 Jul '15 21:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    But Obama could blame the evil GOP for their slavery
    God did not make me a prophet, so i don't know what is going to happen.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    13 Jul '15 01:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    The GOP is trying to get passed a bill that would allow a 7 day work week.

    So much for the religious right and a day of rest.

    So what say you? Should this be allowed? If not, why not?

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/07/wisconsin-seven-day-work-week/398189/
    If it were up to the GOP we'd all be working 7 day work weeks for $10.00 a day and no toilet breaks, and through Obama and those dirty old Liberals seek to improve wages and working conditions, they are still viewed by many as "the enemy" ...and Whodey thinks they are identical?? Hmmm.... 🙄
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13035
    13 Jul '15 02:13
    Originally posted by bill718
    If it were up to the GOP we'd all be working 7 day work weeks for $10.00 a day and no toilet breaks, and through Obama and those dirty old Liberals seek to improve wages and working conditions, they are still viewed by many as "the enemy" ...and Whodey thinks they are identical?? Hmmm.... 🙄
    I am a conservative Republican and I don't believe like that and I don't believe the GOP does either, otherwise I would not vote Republican.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    13 Jul '15 02:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    If it were up to the GOP we'd all be working 7 day work weeks for $10.00 a day and no toilet breaks, and through Obama and those dirty old Liberals seek to improve wages and working conditions, they are still viewed by many as "the enemy" ...and Whodey thinks they are identical?? Hmmm.... 🙄
    Yea, if it were up to Obama we would be making $12 an hour and probably have a free phone to go along with it.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14639
    14 Jul '15 09:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    The GOP is trying to get passed a bill that would allow a 7 day work week.

    So much for the religious right and a day of rest.

    So what say you? Should this be allowed? If not, why not?

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/07/wisconsin-seven-day-work-week/398189/
    Wouldn’t you be in favor of the freedom of employers and employees to decide working hours among themselves, without government interference?
  11. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    14 Jul '15 12:18
    As long as there is no safety or security risk and people can make a good living working a regular 5-day week I don't see why the government ought to interfere with the length of the work week employees and employers choose.
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55451
    14 Jul '15 15:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    The GOP is trying to get passed a bill that would allow a 7 day work week.

    So much for the religious right and a day of rest.

    So what say you? Should this be allowed? If not, why not?

    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/07/wisconsin-seven-day-work-week/398189/
    Of course it should be allowed. Why should the government mandate that you cannot work on a certain day?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    14 Jul '15 17:13
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Of course it should be allowed. Why should the government mandate that you cannot work on a certain day?
    Should people be allowed to organize and elect representatives to negotiate with corporations on their behalf?
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55451
    14 Jul '15 18:13
    Originally posted by JS357
    Should people be allowed to organize and elect representatives to negotiate with corporations on their behalf?
    If it's not collusive then sure why not? But I'm not sure what that has to do with the question of whether the government should prohibit people from working on certain days for religious reasons.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    14 Jul '15 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    If it's not collusive then sure why not? But I'm not sure what that has to do with the question of whether the government should prohibit people from working on certain days for religious reasons.
    It has to do with alternatives available to peoplei if they can't use government to limit employers' ability to require 7 day workweeks. One alternative would be to organize.

    It is relevant becuase:

    " The state budget that Walker signed on Sunday as Wisconsin’s governor includes a provision that eliminates a historic guarantee that factory and retail employees “must get at least 24 consecutive hours of rest for every seven-day stretch” of work. "

    http://www.thenation.com/article/scott-walker-campaigns-against-unions-wages-and-weekends/

    Thus, if something that has been in place by law is pulled out of it, the question is, a likely question is what can the people do about it, and how do they do it? Organizing is an obvious choice.
Back to Top