1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 10:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-10/people-not-labor-force-soar-record-918-million-participation-rate-plunges-1978-level
    It makes for great unemployment numbers, but just goes to show the smoke and mirrors liberals like to use when describing Obama's success!
    Actually this practice was begun back during the Reagan administration and Democrats howled about it. Since then any time when the unemployment figures come out the party not occupying the White house scream foul. Read history before howling. Things don't change, people just change places. 😉
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '14 16:06
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Actually this practice was begun back during the Reagan administration and Democrats howled about it. Since then any time when the unemployment figures come out the party not occupying the White house scream foul. Read history before howling. Things don't change, people just change places. 😉
    So your argument is that the howling isn't valid since it is ignored by the party in power.

Nice point of view. Personally I think it leads to corruption, but you can have it.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 07:10
    So your argument is that the howling isn't valid since it is ignored by the party in power.
    Nice point of view. Personally I think it leads to corruption, but you can have it.
    Since both parties take part in continuing this deception and neither party has taken steps to stop it, your howling about liberals just serves to continue the blame game. Why don't you howl about conservatives refusing to change it ???
    Do you really think this could lead to corruption, lol. 🙄🙄
  4. Germany
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 08:40
    There is no "deception." The Department of Labor publishes data and the way of calculating unemployment data hasn't changed over the last couple of decades. What journalists and the public do with that data is up to them.
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 08:53
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    There is no "deception." The Department of Labor publishes data and the way of calculating unemployment data hasn't changed over the last couple of decades. What journalists and the public do with that data is up to them.
    Perhaps a better word to describe this is "lie".🙄🙄🙄
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:46
    Since both parties take part in continuing this deception and neither party has taken steps to stop it, your howling about liberals just serves to continue the blame game. Why don't you howl about conservatives refusing to change it ???
    Do you really think this could lead to corruption, lol. 🙄🙄
    I thought I was simply pointing out how Obama is getting away with it here, not liberals in general.

Let's see what I originally posted :

It makes for great unemployment numbers, but just goes to show the smoke and mirrors liberals like to use when describing Obama's success!

Yep, in context of describing Obama's success!

If you want to say that the Republican machine does the same thing for Republicans, I will agree. Why did I not bring it up? I did not bring up Republicans because I have not seen a recent topic brought up by conservatives about Republican success. I have seen a recent thread about Obama's success.
  7. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 02:03
    If you want to say that the Republican machine does the same thing for Republicans, I will agree. Why did I not bring it up? I did not bring up Republicans because I have not seen a recent topic brought up by conservatives about Republican success. I have seen a recent thread about Obama's success.[/b]
    Okay, so your post was merely reactionary. Biased and reactionary. 😴
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 15:18
    Okay, so your post was merely reactionary. Biased and reactionary. 😴
    How was it biased?

Was it because I actually made a valid point and it was against the wrong person?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree