A.C.O.R.N.

A.C.O.R.N.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
14 May 09

Originally posted by FMF
Totally serious. I've read loads and loads about this topic. I happen to be fascinated by people whipping themselves into a frenzy about political topics when they feel impotent. The "case" against ACORN is partisan nonsense based on disingenuous "evidence".

Talking of being serious or not. I actually thought your OP was a pastiche/satire of the 'Anti-ACORN' ...[text shortened]... 5th or 6th post. I thought maybe it was a send up of the ACORN-makes-me-so-mad syndrome.
oh my friend,what am i gonna do w/you?🙂 personally speaking I am not impotent nor do I feel that way. Also,I am not a conservative or a republican. there is more evidence than you think though. only time will tell.

F

Moves
14 May 09

Originally posted by utherpendragon
oh my friend,what am i gonna do w/you?🙂 personally speaking I am not impotent nor do I feel that way. Also,I am not a conservative or a republican. there is more evidence than you think though. only time will tell.
OK, if I've got your motivations wrong, I am happy to backpeddle. As for discussing it now, I am all burnt out really. The way the 'right' tried to fabricate something out of this in the run up to the election was interestingly pathetic and revealing. I remember right wing media banging on about how ACORN was trying to get Mickey Mouse registered - while studiously NOT reporting the fact that it was ACORN who reported the Mickey Mouse thing, and how it was ACORN who prevented Mickey Mouse from registering - the complete opposite of what anti-ACORN people wanted you to believe. Added to this was the fact that Micky Mouse is unable to vote, even if he is "registered". Added to which, considering the whole Disney thing, Mickey Mouse is almost certainly a Republican and incoherently anti-ACORN himself. I've had enough of all this nonsense. Apologies. The floor is yours.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
14 May 09

Originally posted by FMF
I am under the impression it's not corrupt at all.

The "right's" obsession, deception and self-deception over this organization is symptomatic of the deep hole the whole Republican-Right-Wing movement is in after the cataclysm of Bush-Cheney.
You forgot Rove! Please, in future, do not forget Rove! He needs to be named and shamed at every opportunity. Thanks for you time. Thanks for listening.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
14 May 09

Originally posted by kmax87
You forgot Rove! Please, in future, do not forget Rove! He needs to be named and shamed at every opportunity. Thanks for you time. Thanks for listening.
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
14 May 09

Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln
...some people to this day, still don't know how to take good 'ole Abe's advice...

g

Pepperland

Moves
14 May 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Bad forum logic 101: Post a statement and then if in about 2.5 hours no one posts a retort then everyone must agree.

Ridiculous. No wonder you watch Glen beck.
No wonder you watch Glen beck.

He could be watching hannity, which is much worse.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
14 May 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
[b]No wonder you watch Glen beck.

He could be watching hannity, which is much worse.[/b]
duh huh,and who would you suggest I watch? duh huh

g

Pepperland

Moves
14 May 09

duh huh,and who would you suggest I watch? duh huh
Bill O'reilly.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
14 May 09

Bill O'reilly.
I do watch O'reilly who stays in the #1 spot now for some astronomical amount of time.,on the ridiculous FOX news network.Another ridiculous point about FOX is their ratings are better then CNN & MSNBC combined.out of the top 20 slots they have they have the top 11 locked down.Oreily #1,the ridiculous Hannity#2,and the slightly less ridiculous Beck #3 and the list goes on...Another hilarious point is besides being The #1 news channel Fox is#2 for the most watched channel,period. Alot of ridiculous funny people out there ,huh?

K

Germany

Moves
14 May 09

I do watch O'reilly who stays in the #1 spot now for some astronomical amount of time.,on the ridiculous FOX news network.Another ridiculous point about FOX is their ratings are better then CNN & MSNBC combined.out of the top 20 slots they have they have the top 11 locked down.Oreily #1,the ridiculous Hannity#2,and the slightly less ridiculous Beck #3 ...[text shortened]... l Fox is#2 for the most watched channel,period. Alot of ridiculous funny people out there ,huh?
Ah, a good ole argumentum ad populum.

g

Pepperland

Moves
15 May 09

I do watch O'reilly who stays in the #1 spot now for some astronomical amount of time.,on the ridiculous FOX news network.Another ridiculous point about FOX is their ratings are better then CNN & MSNBC combined.out of the top 20 slots they have they have the top 11 locked down.Oreily #1,the ridiculous Hannity#2,and the slightly less ridiculous Beck #3 ...[text shortened]... l Fox is#2 for the most watched channel,period. Alot of ridiculous funny people out there ,huh?
They can't all be wrong.

Back to basics

About

Moves
15 May 09

They can't all be wrong.
Yes, they can hence the argumentum ad populum.

P

Moves
15 May 09

They can't all be wrong.
Sometimes it's surprising how many people can be wrong 🙂

g

Pepperland

Moves
15 May 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Sometimes it's surprising how many people can be wrong 🙂
I watched O'reilly, and I thought it was reasonable.

whereas hannity was just an a-hole.

P

Moves
15 May 09

I watched O'reilly, and I thought it was reasonable.

whereas hannity was just an a-hole.
There are a couple things here and there that I have agreed with O'Reilly on, which I agree puts him higher on the totem pole than Hannity.

O'Reilly does take part in more arsehattery than I find tasteful though.