Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1398
    19 Jul '18 21:06
    If: π r2, How can cake b round?

    😕
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    19 Jul '18 21:09
    Originally posted by @mchill
    If: π r2, How can cake b round?

    😕
    Well before that deplorable Trump this was not an issue.

    Under Obama cakes were nice and round.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    20 Jul '18 02:06
    Originally posted by @mchill
    If: π r2, How can cake b round?

    😕
    Can a circle truly exist?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 02:191 edit
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Can a circle truly exist?
    You certainly can't have a locus of points equidistant from a single point.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    20 Jul '18 03:14
    Originally posted by @mchill
    If: π r2, How can cake b round?

    😕
    Cornbread r^2.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    20 Jul '18 03:57
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Can a circle truly exist?
    Well there was that US State that wanted to define (in law) pi as 22/7 ... exactly!
  7. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    20 Jul '18 04:05
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Well there was that US State that wanted to define (in law) pi as 22/7 ... exactly!
    Perhaps some of the idiotic mathematical trolls in the Science forum
    could 'prove' pi is a rational number.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    527718
    20 Jul '18 07:53
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Perhaps some of the idiotic mathematical trolls in the Science forum
    could 'prove' pi is a rational number.
    Well, for almost all practical purposes we act as if pi was finite. If you take a value of 3.14 for pi you are only off by less than a promille, so much more accurate than most things in life 😉

    Reveal Hidden Content
    Disclaimer I know that Pi is an irrational number and I know that some people know dozens to a thousand numbers of decimals.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    20 Jul '18 08:411 edit
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Well, for almost all practical purposes we act as if pi was finite.
    If it wasn't rings would fall off your finger. 😉
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    31935
    20 Jul '18 09:12
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    If it wasn't rings would fall off your finger. 😉
    To prove that a circle is round
    And be terribly deep and profound
    One should start at a place
    And walk at a pace
    One would find one would keep going 'round.
  11. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1398
    20 Jul '18 10:11
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Perhaps some of the idiotic mathematical trolls in the Science forum
    could 'prove' pi is a rational number.
    It's called "humor" Duchess, you should try it more often (or once even)
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35841
    20 Jul '18 10:41
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    [hidden] Disclaimer I know that Pi is an irrational number and I know that some people know dozens to a thousand numbers of decimals. [/hidden]
    When I was in 9th grade, this kid in my geometry class had memorized pi out to 500 digits.

    And he could give those digits to you if you had about 3.5 minutes to spare.
  13. Subscriberjoe shmo
    Strange Egg
    podunk, PA
    Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    7733
    20 Jul '18 12:201 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    It's called "humor" Duchess, you should try it more often (or once even)
    Don’t mind her...she’s still upset over the uncovering her obvious “mathematical brilliance” ruse. The proof of which is trivial like her knowledge of the subject.
    Fraud...fake...phony.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    20 Jul '18 15:081 edit
    WTH?

    We have a thread that is not anti-Trump?

    Trump is all that matters.

    Are you all daft? Where is the will to resist?

    RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😠
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    20 Jul '18 18:10
    Originally posted by @whodey
    WTH?

    We have a thread that is not anti-Trump?

    Trump is all that matters.

    Are you all daft? Where is the will to resist?

    RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😠
    Just shut up.
Back to Top