Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 Apr '12 22:51 / 1 edit
    And the bartender says, "Hi Mitt."

Credit John Nichols.
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Apr '12 04:36
    Originally posted by Kunsoo

Credit John Nichols.
    ... and the patron responds "No, sorry, the name's Barack."
  3. 15 Apr '12 06:48
    Originally posted by sh76
    ... and the patron responds "No, sorry, the name's Barack."
    See, that's dumb. Because the bartender would know him.

There's no such thing as a jerk factory!
  4. 15 Apr '12 08:27
    So the patron replies: viewing politics in the form of only three possible "camps" one can be in is overly simplistic and really quite infantile.
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Apr '12 08:46
    Better questions for the bartender to be talking about would be immigration laws, the War Powers Act or the passing of Executive Orders by Barack Obama.
  6. 16 Apr '12 00:48
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So the patron replies: viewing politics in the form of only three possible "camps" one can be in is overly simplistic and really quite infantile.
    Well, they aren't limited to three camps. That's just who walked into the bar. I mean, if a priest, a rabbi, and an Irishman walk into a bar, that doesn't mean there are only two religions (the Irishman most likely being Catholic).
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Apr '12 01:32
    Well, they aren't limited to three camps. That's just who walked into the bar. I mean, if a priest, a rabbi, and an Irishman walk into a bar, that doesn't mean there are only two religions (the Irishman most likely being Catholic).
    I believe that KN's point is that there's nothing wrong with being all three.

I'm a liberal when it comes to gay marriage, a moderate when it comes to taxation and a conservative when it comes to government regulation of employee benefits. So what? It's not a criticism that someone has elements of all three.
  8. 16 Apr '12 02:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    I believe that KN's point is that there's nothing wrong with being all three.

I'm a liberal when it comes to gay marriage, a moderate when it comes to taxation and a conservative when it comes to government regulation of employee benefits. So what? It's not a criticism that someone has elements of all three.
    Well, true. But the problem with Mitt is that he is all three on the same issues - depending on where he's running for office and who he's talking to. He's not the only pol who tries to play different sides of the fence. He's just taken it to extremes.