1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 18:091 edit
    The Constitution of the United States of America, May 1787, (226 years ago)

"The Federal Convention convened in the State House (Independence Hall) in Philadelphia on May 14, 1787, to revise the Articles of Confederation. Because the delegations from only two states were at first present, the members adjourned from day to day until a quorum of seven states was obtained on May 25. Through discussion and debate it became clear by mid-June that, rather than amend the existing Articles, the Convention would draft an entirely new frame of government. All through the summer, in closed sessions, the delegates debated, and redrafted the articles of the new Constitution. Among the chief points at issue were how much power to allow the central government, how many representatives in Congress to allow each state, and how these representatives should be elected--directly by the people or by the state legislators. The work of many minds, the Constitution stands as a model of cooperative statesmanship and the art of compromise.

View larger images of the Constitution read the transcript of the Constitution download high-resolution images of the Constitution more Constitution resources (below) constitution:" http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html

Note: Excellent Design and Graphics; with a number of interesting, related areas to explore from its user friendly menus.

Discuss....
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 18:23
    Forgotten? My copy is in reach.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 20:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Forgotten? My copy is in reach.
    Obama keeps his in reach too. He uses a page a day after his morning constitutional.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 20:43
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Obama keeps his in reach too. He uses a page a day after his morning constitutional.
    What are constitutions for if not constitutionals?
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    What are constitutions for if not constitutionals?
    I think that's about the extent of Obama's thoughts on the matter.
  6. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 21:49
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's funny because it's true, The Chosen One has been ruling by fiat ever since he took office.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 23:59
    I don't think is is forgotten, just ignored and misrepresented.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 00:10
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I don't think is is forgotten, just ignored and misrepresented.
    ... and, for all intents and purpose, effectively "forgotten"?
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 00:36
    Obama will go down in history as one of our greatest presidents if only for implementing the Affordable Care Act. Those opposed to this act are just plain mean.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 00:49
    Originally posted by Phranny
    Obama will go down in history as one of our greatest presidents if only for implementing the Affordable Care Act. Those opposed to this act are just plain mean.
    Hi, Phranny. Wonder why he refused to buy it for himself and his family.
    Making the various plans optional wouldn't have met resistance at all.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 00:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hi, Phranny. Wonder why he refused to buy it for himself and his family.
    Making the various plans optional wouldn't have met resistance at all.
    The various plans aren't optional? Admittedly, there's a "tax" for not joining, but it's not quite like waterboarding.

PS: What are you going to do?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 01:30
    Originally posted by JS357
    The various plans aren't optional? Admittedly, there's a "tax" for not joining, but it's not quite like waterboarding.

PS: What are you going to do?
    OBAMACARE is Mandated: Buy it or pay penalties. Gets worse: This Federal Insurance Program (passed into law in 2010) isn't even yet funded. Also, many uninsured people may not be able to afford its Total Cost: Modest Premium plus Co-Pays in the context of Deductible Limits in the thousands of dollars. Others with good incomes will see their premiums double.

Once you're in and have an [ID Card], you may still not be able to receive care in a timely manner in your immediate geographical area whenever needed (some hospitals aggressively cutting staffs; and doctors retiring early, rather than deal with the onerous administrative burdens). Also, since your private data will be computerized it may be susceptible to hacker theft and unlawful use of your identity. Still looking into my options with a friend (she works for Medicare in Las Vegas).
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 13:04
    OBAMACARE is Mandated: Buy it or pay penalties. Gets worse: This Federal Insurance Program (passed into law in 2010) isn't even yet funded. Also, many uninsured people may not be able to afford its Total Cost: Modest Premium plus Co-Pays in the context of Deductible Limits in the thousands of dollars. Others with good incomes will see their premi ...[text shortened]... our identity. Still looking into my options with a friend (she works for Medicare in Las Vegas).
    I bet some how some way that the penalties will come out of retirement plans for those that do not have jobs or insurance. Let the fleecing begin.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 13:22
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I bet some how some way that the penalties will come out of retirement plans for those that do not have jobs or insurance. Let the fleecing begin.
    Valid concern for many as weeks and months become years.
  15. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 14:12
    Valid concern for many as weeks and months become years.
    This may also be a way to start limiting the ownership of private property in this country. They will have total control of ones finances unless a person is wealthy to begin with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree